( ten )

Every time that Harley saw the dropship, she would be hit with a sense of warm familiarity

Every time that Harley saw the dropship, she would be hit with a sense of warm familiarity. The memories she cherished on Earth were spent here, where they first landed. Her and the delinquents had worse days; Wells dying, Murphy being hung, grounders attacking them. But they had good ones as well. After all, Earth was a dream for everyone in The Ark. Although, never once did Harley dream it would be like this. She dreamed blossoming flowers, sunlight, fresh air, butterflies, and people no longer being afraid to live. She never dreamed of war and death.

The memory of where the dropship had landed was easy too remember. Harley walked alongside Octavia and Kane, who dragged a bound Bellamy along through the woods. His hands were kept in his binds, and he had the gag Kane ordered tightly tied. She could still see the bruises and cuts, masked under dried blood from his beating from Octavia. Moving her gaze from him to Octavia, Harley could see the pain of devastation masked under a dark stare.

When they passed through the beaten gate surrounding the dropship, the pace slowed. Kane observed their area, searching for any guards or anything out of place that would tell them this was a trap. But there was nothing unusual or out of place. Harley didn't even see Monty here. To be cautious, Kane lifted his gun and held it to the back of Bellamy's head before calling out; "Monty!" Nothing. No reply. "We got here first." He brought the gun back downwards, releasing his grip.

A weight was lifted off Harley's shoulders and she sighed, relaxing. She trusted in Monty and had come along with the intention that he wouldn't betray any of them, especially after just saving them all. While Harley's guard was brought down, Octavia's wasn't. She squinted, seeing the smallest shift in the curtain covering the dropship's opening. "No, we didn't," she muttered.

Grabbing Bellamy forcefully, Octavia dragged him forward while pulling her sword from her sheath and pointing it. "Get outside!" She shouted fiercely. "Now!"

"Octavia, it could just be Monty!" Harley exclaimed, holding a hand out distantly to keep her calm.

As soon as the words left Harley, the curtain was slowly swept to the side and Monty's head poked out. Harley smiled for a second, but it was gone when she saw the frightened look on his face. His hands were tied tightly in front of him. As he took a few steps forward, a gun followed, being pointed to the back of his head. Harley's eyes widened as the ones revealed to be holding the firearm was Pike. "He followed me," Monty explained softly, apologetic. "I'm sorry."

Kane held his gun up, looking through the scope. "Let him go, Pike!" He demanded. Harley's hand went for her hand gun, pulling it from her holster. She didn't level it in Pike and Monty's direction, only kept her finger on the trigger, feeling her heart pumping quicker.

"I can't do that!" Pike called back. With his other hand, he brought a radio to his mouth and whispered into it. Suddenly, gunshots pop off and land at their feet. Harley jumps in surprise, her head whirling to observe the trees as if she could see the guards in hiding. "It's over!" Pike informs them. "Put down your weapons."