( twenty )

Taut muscles grew stiff under Harley's shaking fingers as she wrapped a white bandage around Bryan's leg

Taut muscles grew stiff under Harley's shaking fingers as she wrapped a white bandage around Bryan's leg. He was grimacing in pain, keeping noises hidden by biting his lower lip. Miller was by his boyfriend's side, clutching his hand, watching in equal pain as Harley did her best to keep his bleeding bullet wound under control. Clarke had shoved bandages in her hands, ordering she joined where he rested and wrapped it up while she brought her mother back by shocking the chip out of her head. Harley hadn't questioned it, knowing Bryan needed better medical attention, but for now, it was the best he could get until they were back home.

"Sorry, I'm sorry!" Harley continued to apologize as she tightened the bandage. Blood was already seeping through, but she hated the small sounds he made with each action.

From where Bryan tried to remain still on his back, he let out another groan before shaking his head and squeezing Miller's hand. "It's fine," he reassured her in a tight tone. "Do what you have to do."

What you have to do. The words echoed in Harley's head and she shut her eyes briefly to remember what had only happened moments ago. She was still taunted by the image of the man she shot, and even Murphy telling her she had to. Harley drew in a deep breath, securing the end of the bandage with a clip. Bryan heaved a sigh of relief. "Maybe you shouldn't fight," Harley suggested, helping alongside Miller to sit him up slowly. "You aren't in a well enough state."

"Bryan, she's right," Miller agreed. "You'll only make it worse."

Mouth opening, Bryan prepared to either argue or accept this, but was interrupted by Octavia who had been peering over the window with her sword in hand. "Uh, you guys should see this."

Eyebrows creasing, Harley stood, joining Octavia at the wide open window and taking a look outside. Her jaw dropped at the sight. Dozens upon dozens of people, both grounders and sky people, were climbing up the outside wall of Polis' tower. Some were using ladders, others only their hands. They looked like ants from the height difference. Harley was on the highest floor of the tower, but they were so full of adrenaline and determination from the chip, they were fearless and didn't mind if they dropped.

Octavia gritted her teeth before cursing under her breath. "We have to warn the others," she commanded, sheathing her sword and heading straight for the doors. Miller quickly threw Bryan's arm over his shoulder, and Harley followed behind them, making sure the injured male wouldn't trip or fall as they rushed to the throne room. The heavy doors they approached were swung open by Octavia, allowing them access to the new scene. Abby was wide awake now, staring at Clarke with astonishment. Harley couldn't help but assume Clarke had another very bad plan.

"Whatever you're doing, you'd better do it fast," Octavia stated quickly, almost breathless.

"Why?" Bellamy asked. "What happened?"

Almost like she didn't believe her own words, Octavia responded with disbelief. "They're climbing."

The group shared a look of shock before they all dashed to the balcony. Wind blew into the throne room from the shattered doors, it made Harley shiver with the reminder they were at the top of the highest building with no way to get down. She hadn't had a fear of heights in her life, but she was sure anyone would be even slightly scared in a situation like this. Harley reminded herself to breathe despite the dizzy feeling creeping up, forcing herself to steady her focus when both Clarke and Abby came rushing back in.