( one )

Harley's fingers danced through the paper thin deck of cards as she shuffled them riffle styles, her thumbs flicking the tops down on top of one another

Harley's fingers danced through the paper thin deck of cards as she shuffled them riffle styles, her thumbs flicking the tops down on top of one another. She had always loved playing cards, as it was the only object in her cell room besides a cot. The specific deck had been her most prized possession, holding onto it, knowing that Murphy had swiped them with the notion that it would make Harley happy after losing her first deck in the big ring of fire from the dropship. She stood suddenly, her ears perking at the shouts coming from just outside.

Trying to move as quick as possible, Harley was shoving her cards in the small box while standing up and pushing the chair back. It wasn't often that sounds like this were heard, if ever. It had been peaceful for the longest time, as much as it could be anyways. But it still had Harley dashing out of her room and down Arkadia's hall. Her heart was racing, unsure of what could be outside waiting, but if it involved her friends, she had to be there.

The hot ball of sun hit Harley's skin as soon as her boots hit the ground, enveloping her into a warmth. She remembered feeling the same way when the dropship's door opened, scared and excited all at once, in what had seemed like forever ago. Except this time, Harley was used to being on Earth and she was worried for her friends wellbeing. A part of her thought that maybe they found Murphy, and he was hurt. She hoped for it, but it left her disappointed when she didn't see him anywhere in the distance.

"Jasper's hurt!" Octavia's voice echoed, sounding distressed. Confused, Harley ran quicker, seeing Abby get to where Octavia had Jasper propped against a wall. When she was close enough, she could see a thin white cloth almost soaked in blood wrapped around an injury on his neck.

"What happened?" Abby asked, her hands gently touching the wrap. Jasper flinched at the touch, trying to remain still as she peeked at the wound.

"Ice Nation," Octavia responded like it was simple. Harley's breath hitched in her throat at the answer. She knew they were a clan, one that was different than most grounders, especially the ones she met. They were much more ruthless and cold, the only people she could no longer be blind to see as a threat.

As Abby ordered Jackson to take Jasper to medical, before turning to Raven and ask about Clarke, Harley focused on Octavia. "What did they do to you all?" She questioned, worried that there was more than just Jasper's injury. She didn't see a few who she knew that left.

"It was just Jasper," Octavia assured her. "He was - well, I don't know. They tried to slit his throat," she tried to explain. Harley could tell it wasn't easy to put what happened into words, so she nodded, showing she understood. She was just glad he was alright for now. Octavia suddenly looked up, a hard look enhancing her sharp features as her eyes flickered past Harley before speaking coldly. "Os oukou." (Nick jacket.)

Harley turned her head, seeing Lincoln a few feet away with the Spacekru guard's jacket that she had given him not too long ago. She sensed a tenseness between them, but couldn't tell why it was such a big deal that he was wearing their jacket. He was still the nicest grounder Harley had ever known, and wearing a guard's jacket with their symbol wouldn't erase who Lincoln was.