His heart. Surely, there was something wrong in the way how every beat seemed so painful, how his heart had swollen up so much it felt like the walls of his chest were caving in. It hurt, and the more he thought about it, the more it hurt.

It felt like a drug, a horrendous after effect of taking something so pleasurable, something you knew you shouldn't have taken.

And that particular drug, in this case, was love.

He thought you truly, genuinely cared for him the same way he did you. He wished now that he hadn't fallen for you until he was 100% sure, but his impatience got in the way. And so now, he would have to suffer.

His boss, Hoseok, had asked him to hand some papers to Jimin, which he had obliged to. He walked down the silent hallways, aware that some strange sounds were emitting from what seemed to be Jimin's large office.

As he got closer, he realized what those sounds were. The moans of him and an unknown girl.

Daehyung had felt a blush creep onto his cheeks, and he wanted more than nothing to get rid of the stack of papers before he could leave the two lovebirds in peace. He wanted to go back to his office, but not before taking a visit to your office.

Borrowing some money from you earlier today, he wanted to return it now that he had found his misplaced wallet. He would have to rush a bit, having two tasks to do.

So, he decided that standing in front of Jimin's door like an idiot, staring at the blue-grey carpet would not do anything, he decided to knock on the door, hoping to god that they were still dressed inside the room.

He waits a few seconds before he hears an absolute silence from the room, a big contrast to before. "Just a second!" A voice shouts from inside. 

Feeling relieved, Daehyung tries to relax a bit. He felt an overwhelming curiosity towards who the mystery girl was, knowing that Jimin didn't usually sound nearly so passionate in his... sessions.

After a while of standing, the door finally opens, Jimin's head popping up. His hair was slightly ruffled, eyes bright and cheeks red. Daehyung takes in how excited he looks before clearing his throat. "Mr. Jung needs you to sign these,"

Dumping the load of papers into Jimin's arms, Daehyung walks into the office before anyone can stop him, looking for the girl he was hiding.

But she wasn't who he was expecting.

Eyes freezing and widening in shock, Daehyung feels his art ache dully as he sees none other but you sitting in a chair, hair frazzled and messy, eyes sharing the same kind of electricity and brightness that Jimin's adorned.

He felt a familiar ache in his throat as the realization dawned on him. You were the girl.

Daehyung feels trapped in his own skin, the walls of the large office room seeming to trap him in as you meet his horror-struck eyes with the same emotion.

He needed to escape.

"And... you guys can carry on with your session now," Daehyung mumbled as he fled from the room. 

He wasn't about to let you see how hurt you made him.

Your P.O.V.

The loud click of your heels seems far too loud to your ears as you pace around, looking into every room for just a trace of Daehyung. "This is bad," you mutter to yourself, rubbing your temples.

You walk around the silent office, hoping to find him sooner than later. The sound of quiet sniffles reaches your ears as your heart races slightly. Was that Daehyung?

Your steps grow hesitant and slow as you approach the kitchen. His familiar figure is hunched over the coffee machine, seems to be brewing a pot of just black coffee. Unfortunately, your footsteps aren't quiet enough, and Daehyung turns to you, anger and pain visible in his teary eyes.

Instead of spitting fire as you expected him to, Daehyung looks away, turning back to his coffee. The warm aroma fills the room as you take a few steps to him, hands awkwardly placed by your sides.

You hear him let out a few sniffles.

"Daehyung..." you say softly, not sure if he would want any physical contact from you. He presses his hands against the marble counter, sighing loudly. "What do you want from me, Y/N?" He asks harshly and you are stunned to silence. Seeing as you don't respond, he continues firing at you.

"Every time, you ditch me for him," He seethes, glaring at a spot in the wall. "The man who has hurt you, never showing signs of promise. But then, you finally come to me and cry about him. A worthless fuckboy with a horrible reputation."

"Do you know how much it hurts me, Y/N? Do you ever fucking think of anyone but yourself? Do you ever think of how I feel when I see you get hurt, in a situation you could've avoided?" Firing questions at you, Daehyung clenches his fists so hard against the counter that they've turned white.

"It hurts me, Y/N, seeing you with another man that hurts you. I've liked you, for so long. I've stayed by your side, loyal and the perfect example of how a gentleman should be. But it seems my efforts were wasted, as you never appreciate anyone and anything."

The silence in the room is painful to bear, as you feel your heart hurting for the man before you. His words leave a nasty feeling in the air, making you feel uncomfortable.

Out of nowhere, Daehyung reaches into his back pocket and rips out some banknotes. He shoves the money into your hands, stunning you. "That's for lunch earlier. I can't do this anymore, Y/N. Please stay away from me."

With that, he abandons his coffee and you in the kitchen as he whirls out of the kitchen at a lightning speed. You hold the money tightly in your fists as you felt your heartbreaking for what seemed like the millionth time this month. 

But your guilty conscience told you that he was right. He was always there for you when you needed him, a shoulder to cry on. A brother you loved. A best friend you cherished and wanted by your side.

But what did you ever give to him in return?

You felt mad at yourself. Why couldn't your heart thump like crazy every time he would smile at you? Why couldn't butterflies explode every time your fingers brushed?

Why couldn't you love Daehyung like you loved Jimin?

These thoughts were destroying you mentally. But you couldn't stop thinking about them, reflecting on what a horrible person you were.

But even then, you didn't chase after Daehyung, letting him run off away from his feelings, away from you.