chapter 12: the carnival

Valerie's P.O.V

after Starbucks we decided to go to the carnival and have fun. by now school was over and was now 6:55 pm, soon getting darker. believe it or not, we were at Starbucks talking the whole time; it's fun being able to talk to your friends again. we started talking more and started laughing until I feel my phone Buzz. I took it out of my pocket and read the label.

' new private message from killjoy123 '

I opened up the message while we waited in line to ride the roller coaster.

killjoy123: I'm trying. I'm trying. to let you know just how much you mean to me.

who the heck is this kid? do I know him? does he go to our school? I decided to ignore it for now and put my phone back in my pocket.

Evelyn:"hey, we should Sit by our selves and see what loser sits next to us!"

Matt:"I'm down."

Valerie:"yea I guess."

Evelyn:"cool!"

by now it was now our turn. we all got on to different seats and I looked away as I felt someone sit next to me who smelled like coffee and cigarettes...coffee...cigarettes...Shit. I put my hand over my mouth as I tried to not panic much but it wouldn't help. why did I listen to Evelyn?!

Gerard:"I know you're hurt. which is why I truly regret it..I'm sorry."

I ignored him as I looked at the place from far below. the ride began to move slowly as Gerard made me look at his direction and crashed his lips against mine. I could feel both of our tears dripping down our cheeks as we shared a passionate kiss and the thing is...it felt good and it wasn't just because of the strawberry lip balm which is so hard to resist. we pulled apart and leaned on each other's foreheads as we starting breathing heavily.

Gerard:"I've waited to do that for such a long time now."

I stayed quiet and felt his hand on my cheek.

Gerard:"Valerie I love you. I never meant to hurt to you like that. I admit that I made out with that nurse but it didn't mean anything and it never will. I was just so nervous and when she kissed me it took my mind off things. but I was a dick for doing that and I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me but I just want you to know how sorry I am."

I was about to speak until the roller coaster began to move faster making me nervous and scared so I hugged him as he hugged me back.

the ride ended and everyone sighed and some giggled. we got off the ride as I walked over to Evelyn and Matt who were waiting for me.

Evelyn:"that was the best ride ever!"

Matt:"I know right! my partner was a 10 year old boy."

Evelyn:"my partner was like a 30 year old woman."

Matt:"who was your partner Valerie?"

Valerie:"Gerard."

...

Gerard:"Valerie can I talk to you for a minute?"

...

Evelyn:"we'll wait for you in the food court."

I nodded as they both walked away leaving just me and Gerard.

Gerard:"Valerie I need to tell you something about...being parents."

Valerie:"and here's the thing. I'm not keeping it. I'm sending it for adoption."

Gerard:"what? why? I thought you would wanna keep it."

Valerie:"why would I wanna keep something that I created with a man who I truly loved but who cheated on me the day that I found out about this and my mother's death. I'm sorry Gerard but that kiss didn't mean Anything I'm sorry."

Gerard:"what are you talking about? it meant a lot of things."

Valerie:"well it didn't to me"

I said as tears started to form behind my eyes as his were the same. I turned around to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

Gerard:"Valerie please."

Valerie:"no Gerard. I'm sorry but I made my decision. besides...I don't love you like I did yesterday."

I said as he let go of my arm. I lied, I still loved him with all my heart and that kiss reminded me of how much I miss him. I started to walk away again until he spoke from behind.

Gerard:"if you don't love me then why are you still wearing that ring."

I stopped walking as I looked down and starred at the diamond ring he gave me. I shed a single tear as I slowly took it off my finger. I wanted to keep it so badly but I just can't. I dropped it to the floor without looking at him and continued walking. soon I was probably already 15 feet away from him but I heard running footsteps come running towards me as I felt arm wrap around my waist as he rested his head on my shoulder.

Gerard:"please don't do this."

he says as I start to shed more tears. I tried getting away from him but he was holding me tight

Valerie:"let me go."

I said as I struggled until I heard a familiar voice.

kellian:"hey! leave her alone."

he says as Gerard lifts up his head and lets me go as he starred at kellian.

Gerard:"this is none of your business."

kellian:"I don't care. that lady is my friend and I won't let no body hurt my friends."

Gerard:"you don't wanna mess with me."

kellian:"bring it boney."

he says as Gerard throws him a punch making kellian falling to the floor with blood formed from his bottom lip. they began fighting as I yelled at them to stop but they wouldn't listen. other people started to stare, run or scream while other guys came over and pulled Gerard and kellian apart. kellian had a bloody nose and cut on his lip with a few bruises while Gerard only had a cut on his lip. he sighed while he closed his fists and took a look at me, he sighs again and walks away with anger still running thro his veins.