chapter 7: ambulance part 2

we heard the ambulance arrive and Gerard at the same time. the doorbell rang and Alex opened the door; I just stayed in the room. the paramedics arrived with the Guernsey and placed mom on it and wheeled her out of the room as Gerard came in and hugged me tightly.

Gerard:"I'm so sorry cherry blossom."

he says, by now I think I ran out of tears, I felt so hurt that I forgot how to even speak. I guess that's good yet bad at the same time. good because I didn't feel like talking anyways; bad because some policemen wanted to ask me some questions.

policeman:"excuse me, are you Valerie?"

...

policemen:"we'd like to ask you a few questions.."

Gerard:"I think you should interview her brother first; she's not feeling well."

policemen:"agreed but we will have to ask questions eventually."

Gerard's P.O.V

I nod as the policemen walked out of the room to give me and Valerie some privacy in the room.

Gerard:"it's gonna be ok."

I said, she shakes her hand as she takes out her phone and starts texting making my phone vibrate.

'new text message from cherry blossom<3'

cherry blossom<3: ik it won't be ok...she's dead...her pulse was gone; she was the one who raised me....took care of me and Alex since the day I was born instead of dad. now I feel like I can't even talk without her.

I sighed as I closed my phone and kissed her forehead abd hugged her. she pulled apart quick and put her hand over her mouth.

Gerard:"what's wrong?"

I asked, she stood up and ran upstairs without taking her hand off her mouth. I ran upstairs behind her as she locked herself in the bathroom.

Gerard:"Valerie what wrong?"

I asked and as I heard her vomiting.

once she stopped, I heard the toilet flush as she walks out.

Gerard:"are you ok?"

I asked, she leans on the doorway and shrugs.

Gerard:"are you feeling sick?"

she shakes her head as the policemen walked in.

police:"are you ready to be interviewed? we can come tomorrow if you'd like."

Valerie:"i-I'm ready."

she says, the policemen nod and head down stairs as Valerie follows him down stairs. they went inside the kitchen and sat down to start talking as me and Alex sat in the living room.

Valerie's P.O.V

police:"ok Valerie so can you tell us what happened?"

Valerie:"I'm not even sure I know myself...i-I woke up this morning getting ready for school...I didn't hear my mom up walking Around like how I always did...I went inside her room and found her sleeping...I tried shaking her over and over again but I got the same failed results..."

police:"was your mother sick or have a disease that could have caused this?"

Valerie:"not that I know of."

police:"we did some research around the room and found nothing but...we found a glass of water on the drawer beside her; the water was not clean at all. I don't know how to put this but...someone poisoned your mother."

he says, I look and I started sobbing as I ran my fingers thro my hair.

police:"do you have any idea who could've done this?"

Valerie:"not a clue."

police:"well that's it for today but we will continue with our research. we will let you know anything that we find and Valerie...I'm sorry about your loss."

he says as he pats my shoulder. they all leave the room leaving me alone with my head on the table silently crying until I feel someone put their hand on my back.

I sit up straight as I try clearing away my tears with my hand. I look to my right seeing Gerard taking a seat on the chair beside me.

Gerard:"I know this is hard for you...but we're Gibbs get thro this..."

Valerie:"I hope so.."

I said as Alex walks in with a bag of ruffles holding them out for me to take but instead I started to feel sick.

Valerie:"Alex can you get that away from me."

Alex:"why? these are your favorite."

he says as I stood up and ran to the bathroom once again. I locked the door behind me and starting vomiting again. once I was done, I heard Gerard say something to Alex as they waited outside the door.

Gerard:"something's not right."