Chapter 11: Starbucks

Valerie's P.O.V

today's the day; the day i return to school. I'm not nervous at all, the only fact i hate is that Gerard is going to be there but who knows, ill be thankful once i die. i got out of bed and took a 5 minute shower then went to my closet and put on black skinny jeans, a walking dead t-shirt with my gray converse. i grabbed my bag and headed down stairs as i see alex eating cereal next to his backpack which was on top on the kitchen table.

alex:"morning."

valerie:"hey."

i said quietly not bothering to look up, few minutes later, i heard the bus arrive. alex dumped his late on the sink and we made our way to the bus. as i walked in, everyone lays their eyes on me with shock, i could feel evil smirks from the cheerleaders. i sighed and found an empty seat near the emergency exit while alex sat in the back. once we sat down the bus began to move. as usual we made our way to the next bus stop...which was Gerard's. the bus stopped moving as the door opens revealing Gerard holding his binder. I could feel his eyes on me but i didn't bother to look back, i just starred at the window while it started to pour rain. everyone took their seat and the bus began to move.

few minutes later, we finally arrive school. i got out of the bus and walked inside noticing that evelyn and matt were in front of my locker...thats weird, how do they know im back? i walked slowly to my locker as evelyn's eyes land on me.

evelyn:"where the hell have you been?!"

matt:"i know girl! we missed you! you've been missing out on a lot of things."

valerie:"it's a lot to explain.."

evelyn:"who cares now tell us."

...

matt:"vals are you ok?"

he says as my eyes began to get misty.

evelyn:"valerie i didnt mean to yell at you, i just miss you and was worried sick."

she says. more tears wanted to escape and as much as i wanted to hold them in, i couldn't. i began to sob as evelyn hugged me as i rested my head on her shoulder while getting her skin wet from my tears since she was only wearing a tank top with white short shorts.

evelyn:"its ok, just let it out.."

she says as she rubs my back, then i feel another pair of arms around me as i smell roses. just in case you didnt know, matt puts on some weird cologne that smells like roses.  the bell rang and i pulled away as i started making my way to class until evelyn stops me.

evelyn:"oh no, youre not going to class looking like that."

valerie:"what are you talking about?"

matt:"were ditching and so are you.

evelyn:"were heading to starbucks wether you like it or not.

valerie:*giggles* "when did you become the best?"

evelyn:"uh since i was born! *laughs* now lets go girl!"

she says as she pulls my arm and we walk out the door, it's really nice to have my besties again.

-few minutes later-

we arrive at the starbucks cafe and then got in line to order our drinks. first it was matt then evelyn and then me. i told evelyn and matt everything, starting from the beginning when we were in the car. .

cashier(guy):"hi...what can i get you?"

valerie:"ill just have a caramel latte please."

cashier(guy):"bad breakup?"

valerie:*sighs* "is it obvious?"

cashier:*laughs* "kinda. anyways that will be $2.15 please."

he says as i start looking thro my wallet but couldn't find it.

valerie:"um you know what...i think im gonna have to cancel that order."

???:"here you go."

says a guy from behind. he hands the cashier the money as he gives him the change.

valerie:"um, you didn't have to do that."

guy:"don't be silly, everyone deserves something from starbucks."

valerie:"well in that case...thank you."

guy:"no problem, kellian jones."

valerie:"valerie."

i said as we shook hands.

kellian:"so tell me love, why so sad?"

love?

valerie:"well...i found a guy that i loved so much, then he cheated on me on the day that i found out..."

kellian:"found out what?"

valerie:"...that my mom died.."

kellian:"oh, I'm so sorry to hear that."

i nod as i heard my name getting called out. no way was i gonna tell him that I'm pregnant, besides ill probably lose it by getting beat up at school so he'll never find out. i grabbed my drink from the counter and noticed that evelyn and matt were waiting for me to sit down with them.

valerie:'well uh...my friends are waiting for me so i should go..."

kellian:"alright, well here's my number in case you wanna hang out or something."

valerie:"i'll look forward to it."

kellian:"great, see you around love."

he says as he walks out with his drink in his hand. i sighed and walked over to evelyn and matt and sat down as they gave me looks of excitement...it looked a little creepy to be honest...

valerie:"what?"

matt:"who's the guy?"

evelyn:"does he go to our school?"

valerie:"what? no i just meet him right now, i forgot my wallet so he paid out of no where."

evelyn:"ooo someone's got a secret admirer."

valerie:'don't say that."

matt:"look vals. i know internet boy-"

valerie:"gerard."

matt: "whatever. i know he was your secret admirer but that was the past. theres plenty of other guys."

evelyn:"yea, and that guy you just meet right now, could be your next shot."

valerie:"i don't want another shot...i already got knocked up i don't wanna go seek for more."

...

matt:"did you tell the guy that you're..."

valerie:"no and I'm not planning too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose it by getting beat up at school."

evelyn:"well do you want it?"

valerie:"what do you think, no. *sighs* if the baby is born..which i seriously doubt, i'm sending it  for adoption. i don't want to take care of a child especially when it's from him...sure i want kids but once I'm married, not now."

evelyn:"well if you ever need help on something, we're always here."

matt:"yea and we can always hire my grandma liz to teach internet boy a lesson."

valerie:*laughs* "no that's fine."

i said as we continued talking.