Chapter 2: wall listeners

I woke up and saw the midnight skies as he was driving. i yawned and noticed myself covered in a blanket. I started to think about how i ended up with a blanket until i heard Gerard laugh as he had his eyes on the road.

Gerard:"i put it on you when you were sleeping while i was getting gas for the car."

Valerie:"oh ok thanx."

Gerard:"no problem cherry."

He says with a smile as his eyes were focused on the road

time passed by, it was already 12:22 pm. he eventually had to find the nearest hotel; when we did, we get half of our luggage out and check With the receptionist. Gerard got our key to our room, once we enter, it wasn't that fancy like the last hotel we slept at; it was just a regular hotel.

Gerard:"well...it's something."

he says and I nod, we grab our sleeping gear and took a small shower. when one of us was out, we blow dried our hair while the other was in the shower. as soon as I was out, I had already put on my pj's so I started to blow dry my hair. when I finished, I grabbed a book to read. I hear the water stop running but he was still taking  a while in there then I hear the water running again. we were pretty much already home but we still need about 40 minutes to get there. I continued reading until I hear voices outside in the hallway. they were familiar voices; I get up from bed and put my ear against the wall trying to hear the voices better.

*listening*

guy:"well we gotta find them if we wanna kill them!"

girl:"how the hell are we gonna find them?! there gone! they acted like chickens and ran away! there's no point in finding them now. it's impossible!"

guy:"nothing is impossible! that little brat thinks that she can write any kind of stories and the douche bag things he can protect her! oh please! I'm the captain of the football team! I get whatever I want! and right now, I want those two to be dead!"

girl:"I know, I want them gone too! they think that just because there emo, they can rule our school!"

I pulled my ear away from the wall, and tried to lock the door quietly. once I push the lock button on the door, I took a few steps back until I get startled for bumping into someone. I turn around and it was Gerard with a new hair cut. it as short and white, it fits him perfect.

Gerard:"are you ok? what were you listening too?"

Valerie:"shhh...the jock and the head cheerleader are outside the hallway talking about us."

I said in a whisper, we both tip toad to the door and put our ears against the wall but we heard nothing. thank god, they probably left.

Gerard:"are you sure it was them?"

Valerie:"positive...they want us dead so badly."

Gerard:"listen to me, I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'll never let anyone hurt you. as long as I'm alive you'll be safe."

I nodded at him and he pulled me into a hug. he pulled apart and started blow drying his Hair.

Valerie:"by the way, love the new hair cut. it's perfect for you!"

Gerard:*chuckles* "thanks cherry, you should dye your hair too."

Valerie:*laughs* "as much as I'd love too, I can't; mom will flip out on me besides, I'll probably look like a total freak."

Gerard:"no you won't, you'll be cool looking great, besides if you wanna know what freak is then look at a clown's hair."

he says making me laugh. he stopped blow drying his hair and jumped onto bed with me.

Gerard:"do you miss home?"

Valerie:"well, that depends, Dream house? yes; regular home? not sure yet."

I said and he chuckled.

Gerard:"what about family or friends?"

Valerie:"I miss them too...I just don't know what to say to them."

Gerard:"same here, I mean this is the longest time I've ran away from my family...I can't imagine how they are right now."

...

...

Valerie:"we'll figure it out."

I said, he nods and holds my cheek with one hand and crashes his lips against mine revealing a new flavor.