Mystery

After a while, Y/N finally arrived in a village. How long has it been since the start of his adventure? Days? weeks? He wasn't really keeping track of time. But one thing's for sure, he had quite the fun fighting grimms and thiefs, and he was free! What more could he ask for?

His stomach growled... Rriiiiight...more and better food would be great. Also having the totality of his memories back would be nice as he still hasn't recalled anything since last time.

It was hungrily and slowly that he walked in the village, searching for a restaurant or anything that gave food, like street-side bar. And he found plenty! But when he approached one of them, the harsh truth of life came by to hit him fair and square in the face -and in the stomach- as he learned that you needed money to buy food, something that Y/N didn't have.

He slumped on the bar counter and rested his chin on it, completely defeated by hunger, his worst ennemy. He had no forces left, not even enough to beg for mercy. The owner apologized sincerely as, at this point, Y/N has just accepted his fate and closed his eyes. In the end, his journey was quite short. He could have done...so...much...mo...r...e...

.

..

...

Suddenly, he heard something being put on the counter, Y/N somehow managed to open an eye to see a large tall man with brown hair and a beard. He had given money to the owner of the food stall and then spoke in a quite deep and rough voice.

Tall guy: "I'm paying for him." As if a magic spell was just cast, Y/N beamed and smiled widely at the stranger.

(Y/N): "THANK YOU!"

Him and the stranger ordered your food. Y/N was impatiently waiting for it to come as he was dangling his legs.

Tall guy: "You shouldn't let such a small obstacle block your path." He said out of the blue, the monky boy looked at him, not really sure what to answer so he simply introduced yourself.

(Y/N): "I'm Y/N, by the way." The stranger saw him smile from the corner of his eyes and closed them, as if thinking about something.

Tall guy: "...Hazel."

Y/N was drooling with stars and hearts in his eyes at the lovely sight of his food arriving. They both became eating, Y/N was devouring everything while the giant was taking his time, savouring what he was consuming.

(Y/N): "Say, why did you do this for me?"

Hazel: "No real reason. I was hungry too and had enough money for two."

(Y/N): "I see, you're a nice guy."

Hazel: "Trust me, kid, I am not a good person."

(Y/N): "Well, guess I'm not really good with people, haven't really met a lot actually, but I can feel good in you."

A small smile could be seen on Hazel's face, as if he liked the kid's youthful naivety. He remained silent so the monkey faunus resumed his carna- I mean eating. He chatted a bit with the big man, the latter wasn't really talkative, Y/N liked him nevertheless.

Y/N asked alot of questions but haven't learnt a lot of things about him, yet he told him that his full name was "Hazel Rainart", he revealed his age and that he was 8 feet tall or something. However when Y/N asked about his job, he only said he was some sort of...hunter...? And his current mission was to...find someone? To be honest, he lost the Y/N halfway through his answer as he wasn't giving clear details so the monkey boy gave up.

When they both finished, Y/N made sure to thank the owner for the meal before following Hazel a bit.

(Y/N): "Soooo...where are you going?" He pointed to the direction Y/N came from.