angry!tj

let's just imagine an really angry and pissed off tj kippen, that kind of anger in which he couldn't stand himself but then cyrus and his cute little smile would make his day up and it'd be something a little like this:

tj was in the gym practicing basketball just to get some of his feelings out, it was clearly a wasted of time by the way. he was just running around with the ball and doing a couple of scores but his mood still the same. heavy, really annoying and kind of scary. he groaned and shouted every time he missed a score or when the ball escaped of his hands. you could feel the frustration sweating him out.

the adorable and little brunette was looking for the boy, in fact he had looked for him for a while then and, after searching in every corner of the school, cyrus even felt a bit dumb for not going to the gym in the first place.

when he saw tj so upset and everything, cyrus couldn't do anything to hold a face. he knew something was going on with him.

"hey, not-so-scary basketball guy." cyrus said walking towards tj.

tj let the ball go when he heard cyrus coming in, jumping a little. he honestly didn't expect anyone to go there. he tried his best to be calm, he didn't want to treat cyrus bad or anything, he didn't deserve to be treat that way. the only thing tj did was nodded in response.

"hey." he murmured taking the ball again trying to score a basket.

he missed it. for a moment he forgot cyrus was there and let a scream out full of anger and frustration. he cupped his own face, covering it so cyrus couldn't see it was all red. he actually liked having cyrus around, he didn't want scare him away. cyrus didn't really care, though.

"sorry." tj sighed out of breath, he was still not looking at cyrus. tiredness, great.

"tj." cyrus called.

"what?" he responded while he took his hands off his face.

a soft but truthful cyrus was looking at him with sort of caring or loving even. he gifted to a smile, that kind of smile that assures you everything is gonna be okay. a smile that could make tj's guts go nuts. he would never tell cyrus that, it was weird and dumb, right? thinking like that about a friend, a boy friend? yeah, tj was losing his mind and he wanted to blame cyrus for that. but he couldn't. tj would keep his thoughts to himself if that was what it took to keep cyrus.

"what's wrong?" cyrus asked.

tj sighed again, sitting on the gym's floor with his legs crossed so he could put the ball between them. cyrus sat in front of him waiting for an answer. he also took the chance to stare at tj while he was licking his lips to talk, thinking what he was going to say quite hard. cyrus knew enough about art to say that tj himself was art. he obviously couldn't tell tj that, could he?

"my friends found out my dyscalculia. some of them didn't make a big deal of it, so it was cool." he shrugged, his playing with the ball unconsciously. "but a few of them don't stop joking out with it, and i don't know, i guess my patience can't take too much."

"it's okay. i get that." cyrus said softly but quick. "and you know what? i'm gonna beat their asses."

even when tj thought he wouldn't, he couldn't help laughing after cyrus said that.

"oh, are you?"

"totally." cyrus nodded, he looked pretty serious about it but he was holding a smile back. he got tj laughing after all. "what's so funny?"

"well, no offense, underdog, but they're really big and strong guys. you're sure you can against them?" tj explained, he was still laughing a little.

"well motivated, of course." cyrus gave tj a confident smirk. "do not tell me you stopped believing in me already."

cyrus frowned but tj knew he wasn't mad at him. he wasn't really sure how he knew it but he knew. tj stood up grinning a bit and so did cyrus, who seemed playfully mad.

"never, muffin." tj promised, holding the ball with one arm and passing the other one on cyrus' shoulders. "but if you're gonna fight those jerks you should have some training first, and some backup."

"sure thing." cyrus smiled. he looked up at tj, his eyes trying to remember every inch of tj's face. "you know they're not worth it, right? if they were really your friends they wouldn't do that. just ignore them, your real friends are here for you."

tj nodded and started walking out of the gym, dragging cyrus with him.

"i know." he smiled genuinely at cyrus. "thanks for cheering me up, underdog"

"anytime, basketball guy."