Red

It's not every Sunday but every other Sunday? I don't know. I'm just slowly putting things back in place, trying to find time in my crazy stupid life. The goal, however, is to return to my previous schedule of one chapter per story every week. Wish me luck and please enjoy.

Tory wore a smile as he ran. His tiny legs quickly carrying him through the street, awkwardly dodging pass bystanders as he left behind the busy roads for the dirt path in a world dominated by tall trees where the autumn season marked its presence in the gold, brown and red tint of the leaves. 

Tory loved the crushing sound as well as the feeling of stepping on fallen leaves, and had he been in less of a hurry he would have slowed down and enjoyed the weather that was neither humid or dry. Tory wasn't late, but he was excited. Arms wrapped around the red goody bags that were pressed to his safety against his chest.

He had two, one that was giving to him as well as every other child that had been at Kiki's birthday party and the other he has requested for his mother. The later was more filled as Kiiki's mother had added a piece of cake and an extra drink amongst the sweets and snack it usually contained.

As the cabin came into view. Tory excitement doubled, he was happy, his first party had been a success and he couldn't wait to tell his mother all about it. Even the rock on which he nearly trip over couldn't diminish his joy as he shouted for her. The smile on his face widening ten full as she appeared at the entrance of the abandoned house where they had agreed to meet.

Standing under the old and rotten door range of the little cabin, Veronica first smiled at her excited son. Mentally patting herself on her back for allowing him to go to that party the moment she caught sight of the widespread grin on his little face. But at the mind-blowing, her sensitive nose took in the familiar scent of her son and a hint of something sinister hidden beneath. She didn't frown, instead, she paled as she realizes that the disgusting scent was also, unfortunately, known to her.

......

The scent of burning roses filled the air and Tory open his eyes, only to emerge in a sense of deja-vous. His gaze was blurry, having just woken up from his pain induce sleep. 

When his vision cleared, he was met with a pretty face of a stranger. Sharp almond-shaped grey eyes, a straight nose and thin lips on a flawlessly pale face with hair the color of snow cut just under his earlobes.

It wasn't the first time Tory had found someone pretty, not beautiful or handsome but very pretty. Like a rose or a tulip, this person that loomed over his bed gave off the feeling of an immortal flower, forever pleasing to the eyes. And yet, every inch of Tory's body told him that this person was dangerous.

"Do you remember me?" The stranger asked in a voice that Tory found familiar.

With squinted brows, the omicron stares for a moment, the sense of deja-vous growing more intense until he remembered to sewers of Terra sutra.

"Your the one who kidnapped me" Tory accused. Watching as a corner of the stranger's lips curved into a slight smirk.

"I was wrong" The stranger began, his grey colored gaze scanning over the omicron' pitiful laying form. "You are not strong," He said.

Even though 24 hours had passed and Tory was completely healed. The evidence of his night of pain was all too clear. His clammy skin sticky with cold sweat, his wrinkles sheets, and clothes and tangled hair due to his turning and tossing in search of comfort as well as the bags that had grown under his eyes. Tory felt every bit a weak as he looked.

 He had accepted that he was weak. Though he currently had enough black blood cells running through his veins to heal his wounds. He didn't need Viivi to tell him that isn't nearly enough to make him strong, and even if it was, how long will it remain in veins?