Sharp

There was an uneasy feeling. Sweat collected on Tory's brows and his sleeping body shiver under the sudden current of cold air.

There was silence, the clocks in the room, the light drip of the kitchen faucet, even his own heartbeat seemed to disappear. He stopped breathing one second, and in the other, he had sat up in bed, the covers pooling to his laps as he held his head in agony.

It hurts, not his mind, but his sides, his arms, and body. It hurt in that sort of way were it didn't really. A ghost pain, a burning, slashed and knifed feeling that replaced the screaming in his head that disappeared just as suddenly as it had appeared.

It was strange, and that strangeness urged him to look around himself, screamed at him to be on the defensive. Wide alert and searching eyes scanned around the room not once but thrice and when they found nothing he willed his other senses to look for what his gaze could have missed.

The smell, the sound, everything. He searched for anything and found nothing.

Yet he got out of bed and found himself hurrying without reason towards the nursery.

The black corridors filled with his echoing steps was hunting. but when he reached the familiar door he took paused.

For a second he entertained the thought that he might just be paranoid, that this, whatever this was, was just an effect of his changing hormones. A crazy type of mood swing brought on by the hormone instability Viivi had mentioned.

Maybe Eddy insinuation wasn't all too baseless and he was if only a little worried about the spoiled cocoon. Maybe it was all a dream, asleep induce hallucination was wouldn't reoccur once he heads back to bed. 

Then he heard it, it was like a scraping or maybe cutting? He rested his ear against the door and listened harder. Then he raised his hand to knocked but at the last moment, he reached for and turned the nod.

Vinn Willes, Viivi's assistant, stood before him surrounded in the darkness of the room. He was at the pod's side wearing his medical attire with a large axe in hand.

Tory first instinct was to ask for information. He hadn't feed the pod in a while, had that merit an emergency rendez-vous with the doctor?

"Is something wrong with the pod?" He asked, hurrying to its side.

"It's nothing" Vinn began. "I'm just fixing somethings. Go back to bed"

"Where is Viivi?" Tory questioned, ignoring his blunt dismissal. His eyes looking over the pod. A weird cloth that was thrown over its surface, black goo staining it's fabric as it bleed from the vine that had been cut.

"Are you changing its I.V?" He asked. Reaching to pull away the cloth when his arm was caught. He look up, Vinn stared down at him.

"You should leave." He says, the grip he held on his ax shifting.

Something wasn't right, Tory gave his captured arm an experimental tug. When Vinn held on, he narrowed his gaze at where strong fingers gripped his wrist only to then smiled up at the assistant.

"Okay," He says. "I'm just a little worried." He admitted. "We have been fighting and he hasn't drank anything for a while"

Vinn took a moment but eventually release Tory's arm.

"It's not a problem." He says, then gestured to door "Please" Tory nod and slowly allowed himself to be escorted to the exit. When they were upon the door, he suddenly felt a threatening air and ducked. the stained blade of the ax swung over his head, following a path that would have taken his neck.