Chapter 40: Ice-cream?

Start from the beginning

Immediately everyone in class moved from their seats, heading over to their friends seats. Others took out their phones and laptops, using them in silence. I'm shocked at how surprisingly....not crazy the class is right now. Good. I like this.

Then I frowned. Why didn't Lauren come today? She never told me this when I called her yesterday. Yes. I called her yesterday like I promised and...well, she never told me anything about her not coming to school today.

I frown. My heart sinking as I think about what possible reason there could be to her absence. Is she alright? I hope she's not sick. But the principle didn't say anything about her being sick. I rub at my temples, leaning back in my chair. A sigh leaving my lips.

Rose probably notices this because she looks up at me. "Are you okay?" She says, a concerned look on her face.
I turn to look at her, smiling softly before nodding my head. "Uh. Yeah. Just thinking." I answer.

She nods her head, sighing heavily and I raised my eyebrows. "What is it?" I question. She just sighs again and chuckles lightly to herself. "Nothing it's just.. Well. Boring."

She has a bored look on her face now as she leans back and I motion to her book. "What happened to reading?" I glance down at the novel.

She shakes her head. "Yeah I was enjoying the book but.. It just doesn't seem like the right time to be reading a novel right now." She gives me a shrug of her shoulders. I smile. An idea popping to mind.

"Say...since you're feeling bored and I'm particularly feeling the same way as well, do you maybe...wanna get out of here?"

She gives me a questioning stare. "Get out of here? As in..ditch?"

I shrug. "We'll be back during lunch. No one will notice. Trust me."

She seems to be thinking about it, a small smile spreads across her face and she nods her head slightly. "Uh.. Okay. As long as we'll come back." She points a stern finger at my face and I throw my hands up, nodding my head. "I won't let you down." I grin.

We both stand up, making our way to the door.

I could feel everyone's eyes on us, probably wondering to themselves as to why I'm even next to Rose right now. I ignore them, opening the door before gesturing for her to walk out first. She smiles at me in thanks and I follow right behind her.

The hallways are empty but I know better. There's that security guard that always patrols the school. We just have to be stealthy and quick.

I nod my head. "Follow me." I say, moving forward quickly but quietly.

I hear her little footsteps following from behind me, quick and frantic as she inhales deeply. "Do you even know what you're doing." She hisses out quietly and I nod my head.

"Been doing this for a long time."

She stays quiet after that and finally, we reached the school exit doors.

"Come on." I open the doors, looking around before motioning for her to hurry up.

She gets the signal and runs outside. I follow after her and walk quickly to the school parking lot. "Phew. That was scary." She admits.

I grin. "You'll get use to it."

Just then some running could be heard and we both whirl around, eyes wide.

"Hey! Stop!"

That pumpkin looking security guard runs to us from afar, I laugh, grabbing hold of Rose's hand before making a run for it.