...

Today is the grand opening of Glycenia and my graduation day. My dress was a soft lavender and my hair was pulled back in a pin straight ponytail over my shoulder. The dress was a simple sleeveless shirt dress and loose fitting with four buttons down the chest and went about mid thigh. The fabric was Egyptian cotton and silk - I was unaware something so soft and comfortable existed. My accessories were pale gold and I was in pale white Jimmy Choo pumps with a gold back and tip on the heel.

My makeup was simple, powder foundation, mascara, and blush. I applied a thin coat of pale rose lip balm to match my nails. I looked young but sophisticated, like the daughter of an aristocrat or something.

I slipped on my white cap and gown and my red, blue, and gold rope. I'd gotten perfect attendance, maintained my GPA of 4.6 all year round, and had gotten an athletic scholarship for basketball. When I walked downstairs I was nervous but all that washed away when I saw Chris waiting for me. His family was with him as well and so were mine but all I saw was him.

He stood tall in his cap and gown. He had also received a rope for academics and good attendance - it must have transferred over from his old school too. His hair made the cap stand a couple inches taller than it was supposed to because it was basically just sitting on top of his hair and his gown wasn't zipped all the way. Of course he was wearing his famous contagious smile completely dazzling me. He was dressed in a button down (the same color as my dress), black dress pants, and nice black shoes. To say the least, Chris looked really good.

"Pictures!", Vanessa and Mrs. Collins yelled in the same high pitched tone at the same time.

"But let's go outside. The lighting is better", Vanessa instructed.

Chris and I huddled together in the front walkway in front of my house. His hand was at my waist and I mirrored his. "You look amazing and beautiful", he smiled at me.

My heart melted a bit and I blushed. "Thanks. You look very handsome".

He smiled and kissed my nose.

"Hold it", Vanessa squealed and we froze. She thought it was the absolute cutest idea that Chris and I were dating. She snapped the picture, well multiple, before she let us move.

We took a lot more pictures. Vanessa seemed to turn into a full on photographer on the spot. She moved around us and shot us at different angles. We would have been late if Dad hadn't dragged her away.

"We should get going", Chris said taking my hand in his.

I saw a camera flash. Vanessa would be doing this all day. I groaned aloud. This was going to be annoying.

Turned out she was worse than the paparazzi. All through the ceremony she was all over the place taking pictures. It had gotten so bad I couldn't focus. I just wanted it to be done with so we could get to the Glycenia opening. No such luck.

It took forever for them to call my name and when they did I was too excited. My heart was hammering against my chest so bad it hurt and my hands were sweating. I bound onto the stage and shook hands with multiple people. I'm sure they had been introduced before but I hadn't been paying attention. When Principal Kates handed me my diploma I fist pumped to the crowd and the rest of my class returned it with a holler and thrust their fists in the air.

There were only about ten or twenty people after me. When it ended beach balls were tossed around the sea of graduated students and a everyone pulled cans of silly string from under their seats. It was the first time I let loose for a while and it felt good. The past couple weeks for me had been tense and I could barely relax. Now I was officially finished with high school and moving on to the rest of my life. It was like a building was lifted off my shoulders and in a way, i suppose one was.

After we evacuated the building I ran to meet my family. Dad caught me spinning me and lifting me off the ground.

"I'm so proud of you baby. I know your mother is too", he held me tight before letting go.

My insides clenched. I wish she was here to see. "Thanks, Daddy", when we pulled away we were both crying.

Vanessa dabbed my tears away gingerly with a Kleenex. Where'd she get that from? She was holding an entire box in her hand. "Good job, Steph. I'm proud of you too", she was even crying. Oh, don't cry dragon lady!

"Congratulations, honey", Mrs. Collins pulled me into a hug.

"Way to go, Stephanie", Mr. Collins hugged me.

Karisma and Crawford gave me a double hug beaming and congratulating me. I broke apart from them and saw Chris hugging his father. He looked over at me smiling happily.

I practically jumped into his arms. "Congratulations", I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Thanks. You too", I chuckled.

We pulled apart and I was tackled. Euriah threw me over his shoulder and paraded me around, Ky and Tank in tow. "We did it baby!", Ry cried out finally setting me down.

We all smashed our hands together in the air in a group high five. My best friends. I was going to miss them so much. Ky got accepted to NYU for art. Euriah was going to Arizona State. Tank was headed back to Wisconsin, he had gotten accepted to Edgewood along with his girlfriend of three years. And I was going to some business college here in good ole Cali. I'd be moving to San Francisco to be closer to school. There I'd be managing a few shops and restaurants also to help Dad out.

"I'm gonna miss you guys", Tank blabbed.

"Me too", Ry admitted.

"Ditto", I smiled.

"Yeah", Ky affirmed.

"You guys better keep in touch", I threatened.

Ky chuckled. "Promise".

"Yeah, don't worry, Steph", Ry slung his arm around my shoulder. "We'll have group Skype chats and you'll call me every night. Oh! And we'll all have to come back for breaks and get Starbucks", his voice got high pitched and girlier with each word.

I, Tank and Ky all punched him in the arm. He scowled at us and we all just laughed. This wouldn't be our last time seeing each other but this was one big milestone. My heart swelled and I was already missing them.

Ky noticed first as the first tear fell. He patted my shoulder reassuringly. Ry and Tank both looked at me smiling sadly. I felt horrible crying but I couldn't help it. I loved these guys like brothers and now was were all going our separate ways and it hurt.

"Don't cry, Steph", Tank said looking like he was about to cry too.

"Ah-I-I'm s-sorry", I sobbed. "You guys kno-know I d-don't cry. I'm-m just gonna miss you guys s-sooo much", I swiftly wiped my tears away.

Ry looked defeated. "I'm gonna miss you guys too", one tear rolled down his cheek making me cry harder. Soon, we were all crying. The tears slow and agonizing. These guys were the best friends I could have ever hoped for coming here. They were always there for me. It was amazing but we had to go on different paths, without one another. No one told us it would be so hard.