[ 23 ]

just by glancing, I can tell you're different

dressed quite lightly for the night, in a blue star-patterned dress and black high heels, lalisa still can't help but feel nervous as she steps out of the cab, and now into minho's apartment building.

compared to her apartment, his looked like a fortress, tall and looking so magnificent, she thought it suited him in a way with his own powerful aura.

nervously, she fidgets with the ends of the dress, the cool breeze of the air conditioner inside that was still working even though it was quite a cold time of the year hits her, the receptionist looks up when taking notice of her and smiled kindly.

"how may I help you, miss?" he questions as the girl reaches the reception counter.

"um, I'm here to see choi minho? apartment 2208?"

the man smiles widely with a nod. "of course, you're lalisa manoban?" the latter nodded. "you can go up." quietly, lalisa thanks the man before walking off, her heels faintly clicking against the tiled floor as she knew how much sound they could make if she walked normally.

a sigh was exhaled as the elevator opened, she walks in and presses down on the button of the 22nd floor, red rims brightening the moment she puts her hand back to her side.

there was no music being played whatsoever, and thank god for that, at moments when she was nervous like, silence was always something she liked. and silence recently became one of the many things she loved, especially in situations like this, that have been constantly coming up.

looking up, the designated numbers of every floor was being shown and before she knew it, she had arrived.

the doors opened with a bell and hesitantly, lalisa steps out, looking around, taking notice of the large, white halls that were decorated with beautifully painted canvases.

brushing her hair back, she looks around for the door with the number '2208', and after going in the wrong direction, she finally finds the right door.

every door had been the same, tall and of white glass material, the only thing making them distinct had been the numbers. the girl had her fingers ghosting over the doorbell for a minute or two útil they finally press down it.

it takes a while for an answer, but then, the door opens and lalisa has her breath taken away. minho stood in front of her, usually, she would only see him wearing his working outfit which was only a formal black tuxedo jacket and black trousers, but it was the first time she'd seen him without the jacket.