[ 15 ]

when i'm lost and confused, when my head hurts and i'm tired, you take my pain away

when arriving at the living room, lalisa could see minho and kibum sat down on the couch, both of their backs facing her way.

she saw how minho had his hand on kibum's shoulder and gripping it in a comforting manner, whilst the other male had his head down, elbows on his knees and back crouch — looking tired. it must've been a long day for him, lalisa couldn't help but think as she smiled sadly.

when looking over his shoulder slightly, minho noticed lalisa leaning against the wall and nodded towards her knowingly and she smiled. kibum also raised his head and smiled as much as he could upon the sight of the younger girl.

"lisa..." he whispered her name before standing up and she made her way towards them. "how is chaeyoung?"

the worry in his voice was clear, it was also raspy. "she's asleep now, it must've been exhausting for the both of you." she breathed out. "chaeyoung is obviously feeling down, to have someone tell her she is not worth of you hurts her beyond anything." her eyes cast down.

"... thank you." said kibum. "thank you for coming, especially at this time, you don't how much that means — "

lalisa shook her head. "kibum, there's no need to thank me. I'd always do anything for you guys, be it whatever place and time."

the male sighed softly before continuing to smile widely. "whatever chaeyoung and I did to deserve someone like you, we don't know, but thank you." then he turned to minho. "and you, thanks for coming even if you didn't know about the situation."

he shrugged his shoulders with a soft smile, and having lalisa slightly surprised. "I just brought her over, I did nothing much."

"... coming to think of it, how are you two together?" questioned kibum.

lalisa felt a heat creep to her cheeks and she exchanged looks with minho who was about to say something but closed his mouth and looked away slightly, until parting his lips. "we were talking about things..."

kibum gasped. "oh, right, you're engaged, I forgot." and he looked over at lalisa whose face was coloured in many shades of pink and red. "... sorry, I also forgot how you aren't really used to it, too."

"so... how did you meet kibum and chaeyoung?"

unexpectedly asked minho with his hands on the steering wheel and his eyes focused on the road, lalisa glanced at him before smiling slightly.

"I first met chaeyoung when I moved to korea, she was my very first friend. I didn't know how to speak korean back then, and I could only speak a tiny bit of english so that's how we got along." told the girl, smiling wider as the memories of smaller versions of themselves came to mind. "she taught me the language by bits, and then I met jennie and jisoo when we went to middle school."

"and it was on our very first year of high school, we all went to the same charity event of the jeon family — do you know them?" asked the girl in curiosity.

"the jeon family that has three kids?"

"jeon somin, soyeon and jungkook, yes." she laughed. "we met at their charity event, that's where we met kibum — well, where chaeyoung met kibum. we met him not long afterwards." the girl reminisced.

minho nods his head and now it was lalisa's turn to question him. "so, how did you meet them?"

"me?" he glanced at the female, who nodded eagerly. "we already had connections through family, we saw each other a few times in some events but we only became friends in high school."

"so you've also been best friends for that long, huh?"

"yes." said minho, who suddenly went quiet for a few minutes before glancing at lalisa who had already gone back to looking out the window.

"... now that I think about it, you also know taemin." his comment made the girl turn to him, lalisa had her eyes slightly wide. "how do you know him?"

lalisa was quiet for a few seconds, in thought. "... taemin? you mean, lee taemin?" minho nodded. "we go to the same dance studio."

it seemed that the male was taken by surprise. "you dance?" he even sounded surprised.

and the girl laughed at his reaction, smiling widely with a proud nod of head. "have been since I was probably 3." she told. "he's one of the people in close with since childhood, too, and he's my dance partner whenever we're in the dance studio."

she looked towards her fiancée who seemed to be focusing on the road but his lips slightly parted.

a brow was slightly arched and he nodded his head. "what a small world this is... but, how come I've never seen you?"

"what do you mean?"

"I've always gone to taemin's perfomances since I'm one of the sponsors." lalisa was now the surprised one. "I've never seen you before."

"you're one of the sponsors?" she asked in a murmur before shaking her head. that wasn't the matter. "maybe you just don't recognize me, I didn't have my hair dyed before." she laughed.

minho slowly stopped the car at the red light. lalisa took notice it was going to be a long one since it was in a cross section, and took the chance to pull out her phone to show him a picture of her old self.

the male took notice of her scrolling through her phone gallery until finally pressing down on one of the pictures and gently shoving it to him, he took the phone in his hold and looked at the picture.

it was a picture of the dance group he was already so familiar with but never really came to remember any of their faces in particular.

until, he caught sight of lalisa — recognizing his fiancée by her smile and beauty he never denied. and he took notice of her hair.

it was a dark shade of brown compared to the golden shade of now, it was wavy and held in a high ponytail but her bangs still hiding her forehead like usual.

and then it clicked to him.

"I remember you." he murmured at first before turning to lalisa. "you were the best dancer in that stage back in the last stage performance I saw."

her cheeks burned in shades of red and pink, she never expected to hear such a compliment. "and if I'm not wrong..." minho went back to the picture and found himself smiling in the slightest. "I'm right here, look."

the phone was gently placed back in her hand and the car started to run again. lalisa had her eyes wide when taking notice of minho in the corner of the picture, he held a smile in his lips — one she'd never seen before.

she had to admit, it suited him well — the smile did. and it made him look like someone who she'd actually get along with.

"wow..." she breathed out before giggling and putting her phone away. "who knew we'd be like this." she voiced out her thoughts.

"to be engaged to the one dancer who caught my eye back in july."

the female shook her head while laughing wholeheartedly. this was quite a moment. "you're flattering me too much now.