[ o2 ]

the beginning is always the hardest

the sun had started to set beneath the crack of earth when there was a knock on the door. since chaeyoung and lalisa were just walking down the stairs — with the two smalls dogs, commes de and garçon — to go to the living room enjoy the movie they were planning on watching, both of them were confused upon hearing somebody knock at the door.

it was the end of the day, and even if they lived quite near the village, rarely would people come over to ask for something.

should they call out to one of lalisa's siblings? or even nichkun as he was the eldest and the head of the house when the father wasn't at home? in the end, they decided to just answer the door themselves.

lalisa looked through the 'magic eye' of the door and gasped softly when seeing her father's smiling face and she was quite quick to open it.

"father!" she exclaimed happily and out of surprised, too. and when looking over his shoulder as she jumped onto him, her eyes would've widened even more if they could. "kibum?"

"kibum?!"

the tall male smiled when settling his eyes on his surprised wife, who then, not even a second later grinned widely and jumped onto her husband, arms and legs wrapped tightly around him — almost making chaeyoung seem like a koala.

"I'm home!" he said happily while holding onto chaeyoung who didn't want to let go — not that it bothered him, he loved having his wife's hugs first thing after coming back from overseas, especially if he'd been gone for over a month and a half longer than he expected to be back.

lalisa enjoyed the sight before her with a wide smile, her father had already walked after saying words she didn't pay attention to. if she were to be honest, she loved to watch over people interact lovingly towards one another.

until they decide to start to kiss each other that is.

lalisa had turned away. "oh, get a room, you two!" she said embarrassed when watching chaeyoung happily place her lips onto kibum's when she finally decided to be placed back down.

a chuckle was heard from the male but their lips did not part, and lalisa eventually decided to let the couple there at the door before making her way back inside to look for her father.

all her siblings and cousins rushed down the stairs the moment she was about to walk into the living room and they rushed past lalisa to welcome back the head of the house.

"welcome back, father!" all the siblings greeted while the cousins stood on the side but bowed their heads.

"where did you go to, this time?!" chonnansorn, or rather she preferred being called sorn, asked excitedly. her body jumping up and down slightly.