Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Fire

As I tried not to lose consciousness and be aware of what's happening around, I could hear everyone's scream and help. They are all in panic and I was here trying to make myself okay. The arena has left with no one but me all alone. From the screams, the next thing occurred was the explosion and it's like they were bombing every wall of the building to get inside. I don't know what's coming for us, it could be another group who's trying to sabotage and ambush everyone but on my head, the only thing could do anything cruel were the High Council.

I force my upper body to move equally to my lower part but I don't have enough energy to stand up. The trigger from my tracker was becoming worse and worse. It is like every time it hurts me, the more the pain I'm getting and I think it's not good. The more I resist the pain, the numbness you feel wouldn't help 'cause it will make you more fragile. And that's how I feel now.

"Help..." my voice were weak to call it out loud, no one would even hear me among the loud noises outside. It's all on me now.

The army passed through the arena, they are now holding their weapons. Guns, combat weapons, and riot shields. And I've also seen a grenade in one of the army belts. From what we have experienced yesterday, we come again into an event where it takes another life and death situation. Whether we survive it or not.

"Call the medics!" I've heard the other member of the movement panicking and leading the other to a safer place. I was about to raise my hand and get her attention but she immediately runs off to the other hallway. I reach my neck and touch the tracker in it if I could just send a message to whom sending messages right to me, I would but it doesn't.

For a second, I have thought to calm myself amidst the chaos happening. I close my eyes and help me to turn everything in a peaceful manner. I took a deep breath and do it for a few times until I no longer feel the panic and fright on my body. And when I did that, I open up my eyes and slowly arise from the ground. I don't know how it works but it helps.

I need to find everybody. Cha... Brighid... Barry.

Just in time when I got out of the arena, an explosion occurs in the hallway. The ashes pulverized the hallway and make it fuzzy. I cough when I inhaled it and so I covered my nose and mouth to keep it away from breathing inside. Even my sight couldn't be distinguished where the way is, I just use my instincts to locate the noise of panic.

"Dilly!" I heard a familiar voice along the way, "Dilly! Oh goddamn, where the hell is you?!"

I bound to meet Manny on the way, I couldn't see his face clearly because of the ashes in the air but I could feel the tension in his body. His hands are shaking, his voice is worried.

"W-What happened, Manny? Tell me!" I said, hold both of his shoulders, shaking him. "Focus, Manny. Tell me what happened here."

"Dilly and I are just cleaning up things together and after that, when they the explosion comes in we got separated. I don't know where to find her... I know she's afraid now, I gotta find her. They might have killed her if they find her..."

He was about to get away with me when I hold him tighter in his shirt, "who are they, Manny? Who the hell were you talking about?"

"The High Council army, Dylan... they're here." He shoved my hands on his shirt and turn his back on me, "I gotta find Dilly." He said and run towards the opposite hallway. He was eaten by the thick smoke and his shadow vanished from the view. As I turn my back, I froze on my feet when I heard another explosion coming from that hallway. I heard him scream. "Dilly!" he shouted at the top of his lungs until he was no longer heard.