Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Pregnancy

I couldn't take a sleep, or even a nap after having a long tiring day but there are many thoughts wrangling around my heads and couldn't take it away because of the things that I should be aware of. My Mom told me anything she knows when she was in the field before but on what she describes to me, I don't see the way it is. Maybe the High Council really change everything every now and then, of course, they wouldn't let anyone passed the same course and trials but they will make it harder and harder to prove that everyone who stepped in this process, is worthy of life in the Noble Land.

Somehow, an alarmed woke up the city. I immediately headed towards the living room to finding out Al wasn't there. I hissed. Knowing that Al maybe, at early as this now, betrayed me with his words. Mom was right, people really are a deceiver. The alarmed didn't stop, it was like something happened before as we have seen President Chadwick on a hologram.

I stepped out of the house and to find Al wandering around, trying to locate the frequency of the alarm and where it's coming from. Well, I felt relieved also to see that he didn't leave, I don't know why would I think that it is just because some people are made to lure people out of their words and I think Al hasn't had that option in his mind.

I patted his shoulder, "what's happening?" I asked him.

"Trying to figure that out, Dylan..." he said but his attention focused on the technology he made, and I'm still amazed on how he managed to create it, in just a span of few hours. He really might have a highly intelligent quotient and might deserve being called one of the Licits.

When I look around, I saw others coming out from their houses and swooning to know what's happening because this might be their first test and we should be attentive and must be prepared for it.

"Fuck!" Al dropped his technology when it goes sparks and burns. "Shit! They might have been trying to hack it and they did." He said as he putting his technology away from the fire, "I almost had them..."

And then the alarm stopped.

"What now?!" I hissed.

And then a disrupted signal occurs first and then a voice was heard, "Good day, all the rebirth-takers, as we proceed on our primal test on your first trimester, we'll give you the first one which is a risk for everyone because, at this point, the surety of every individual is not viable. Work for it, fight for it and don't let it break you... see you soon, people." and then the hologram has gone which for a second, everyone started being so dumb that we don't actually know what to do because the primal tests didn't exactly show what should we do, instead of something we should be prepared of.

As I see the other people, going back inside their houses and for a minute, they left with their things. And so Al and I were so confused that these people are going to do something they don't actually even know.

"What's really the test is?" I asked Al.

He timidly shook his head, he really had no idea, "I don't know Dy... and this is not just a simple test coming from them."

My eyes narrowed from what he said, "what do you mean?"

"We're going in for the first trimester and for the first few weeks, nothing actually happened," he explained but I still don't get it.

"I still don't get it."

"They want us to grow and that's the risk they've been referring too... if that's it, just only what I thought of."