Chapter 36

Chapter 36

He survived

There's no sun, just vast grey clouds are seen in the sky. Sooner or later, the rain will fall down and once again, the Waste Land will immediately turn into a free entrance dirty swimming pool. Just looking at up the sky for more than an hour didn't waste my time. I couldn't just help myself to think deep where there are more infinite things up above us. There are no reasons to think any other way, you just need to trust everything that's going on.

"Hey you, there!" a ball hit me in the center, I felt the pain and hold it. It is like my world was falling apart. I slowly rise up from lying down and see who did that. "Did that hurt you?" he said and they laugh together.

I stood up but I could still feel the ache on my balls. How could he do that?

"How dare you to do that?!" I raged.

"Can't you just have fun with your life? You're too serious in your life. That's not good, though." He implied.

I shook my head, "I'm not serious with life... don't you know how to chill sometimes?"

He chuckles, "I know, we know that and what we're doing makes us feel better. So you better get your ass down here and play with us, or your gonna hit again down there again."

"Oh, try me," I said, pissed off. I picked up the ball and threw the ball back at him. He almost caught it with his hands. And as he finally got into the game, I didn't lose the chance and run into their direction. One on three. An unfair fight of shooting the ball into the nest but the least number you are doesn't mean you are weak. Just think of it the other way, one can never be defeated by deceptive people.

Since my brother left, I don't remember having fun. Playing around, have the best moment of our lives. I just miss the days when I could possibly do all the things I can without thinking too deep. Because since my brother left, all I think the world left a burden on me. Too much weight I carried on my back and I don't even know if I'm gonna made 'till the end, standing on my feet cause I have the feeling... I'm crawling to the death of it.

As they are blocking my way to the ring and I didn't shoot the ball right away, I will lose. But I decided, I come sturdy in my position. Slowly bent my knee and jump and throw the ball as much as I can. The three of them stopped, and follow whether the ball will shoot or not. As I felt the loud thumping in my chest and looking at the ball, I already see that there are no chances that it will shoot on the ring.

But I was wrong.

It did shoot the ring. I smirked. I couldn't believe that'll happen.

Sometimes you have to believe even there's a small chance that it will occur. Believing into something sometimes bring a good reflection to the person or thing cause somehow you never blinded by the darkness of impossibilities.

"You got lucky there, dude." He said and shake my hand.

"Not a luck I think," I smirked.

On the other hand of my winning, our attention was snatched by an enormous alarmed that echoed throughout the Waste Land. The three of them started to run off somewhere and leave me alone. I looked around, listening to alarm and where does it come from. And what does it mean?