Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I will never be

It has been a long drive until we get to the place they were talking about. I don't know much about it, they weren't even giving me enough details to it. I wasn't sure of anything they've been talking. At first, I thought helping these people would make me feel good and that'll make me a better person but falling into their words made me realize that in this world, putting trusts into people who you don't even know is dangerous.

When the vehicle stop, Dilly leans her face on me and patted both of my cheeks to wake me up. I jerked my head away from her hands, smirked and refrain myself to do harm on her even if I was tied, I could spit on her. But I didn't.

"C'mon, kid. They are waiting for you." She said and for a second, I thought of what she says... they. How many of the people are in their movement? It is ridicule to think that there are people who think they can do something opposite to what they wanted to do.

Next thing happened, the door at the end of my feet opened and blinding light comes to ray and when my vision was adjusting from the light, a figure of a man comes in front of me and somehow I realize it was Manny.

"You're now with us, Dylan. Whether you like it or not." He said as he pulled my leg down out of the vehicle. Dilly removed the straps on my body but still, my hands were tied up as they were making it sure that I won't escape into their holdings. When I'm already out of the vehicle, I get to the surroundings of where we are now. "Don't try to look around, Dy. You still can't go anywhere." Manny said and pushed me to walk forward.

I don't know where did they bring me but as far as I can tell from the tall buildings surrounded us, we're still on the part of the city but most likely on the deepest, dangerous part where you won't like to step a foot because in any other way, if you do, you can't escape alive.

"Where are we?" I asked Manny.

"A place you didn't know." He said, my forehead creased. "And you wouldn't even know unless you give yourself in."

"I'm so excited for you, Dylan... they will absolutely like you."

"This isn't fair," I hissed. "I didn't want any of this. I don't want to join your freaking movement—" I didn't even get to stop my words when Manny smack me on my head.

"Don't make us torture you, Dylan. Just give yourself and you will live. This process has to end and at this moment, we are sure that the High Council will be destroyed. You can be part of something great, something you can actually proud of. You don't have to be afraid of us, of the movement Dylan... it will make you human that you'll ever be."

"But this doesn't make any sense."

"What part of it you didn't understand, Dylan?" Dilly asked.

"Why now? All of a sudden, why does the movement acted now?"

"You were wrong on that part, Dylan." Manny said, "it has been for a long time but now, they find the time to act and destroy the High Council and you're gonna be a part of it. Don't you want that? A happy life without sacrificing anything?"

I smirked, "I have sacrificed many things and you wouldn't understand that."

"Maybe we won't, but you will, once you'll be enlightened what is the movement for," Dilly said.