Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Girl

When Al's getting back his consciousness, I got closer to the dead body and pull out to their hands Al's technology and my key. I couldn't still understand how it happened, after all, that I've experienced—some glitches in my neck, maybe that was the trigger that would end up being exploded.

I handed it back to Al and see him shaking his head after getting a concussion and passing out of what the girl did to her, he then suddenly was surprised to see blood all over the store and the three bodies without their heads. His eyes were widened and couldn't define how all those things happen when he was passed out. I helped him to stand up and patted his shoulder.

"We need to move out, Al." I said but his attention we're still into those dead body, I hold his both shoulder and make him face me, "they're dead, and I think there are some malfunctions in their tracker that they ended up like that... we should hurry now, Al... the sun's almost peaking up."

He timidly nodded, but his attention was still on the three bloody mess. I pull him out of the store, I don't have any idea if anyone heard the explosion, the store might be soundproof but I'm not sure of it, someone has heard it.

"Where to go, Al?" I asked him, and now he got his senses back and focus on his technology, "my technology was losing its signal, maybe the explosion interrupts its connection... fuck." He hissed.

"We should go without your tech, Al."

"We need to find another store, for our supply."

I shook my head to him, "I know, we needed supplies but there is another day to search for food, we don't know much about this place... we need to get to the glass house."

He sighed in defeat, "okay..."

From the dark sky as we stepped out earlier, slowly it turns into blue one as the sun shared its sunlight. Al and I run back to the same direction where we have been before but I have to stop when something familiar I have seen on the mirrors.

Al looked back on me, "Dylan? What are you doing?"

I didn't answer him 'cause I really don't know what's happening. He gets my hand but I didn't move, that's why he was trying to figure out what's happening on me. I looked straight into the refracted mirror, not far from me and if I'm not mistaken it is my reflection but different from what I'm doing. It is simply the opposite of me.

Al gulped and pull the hem of my shirt, "that's not you Dylan, it is just the light making to fool your mind. Wake up, Dylan."

But I just shoved him away from me, he keeps calling me and instead, I headed straight to my refraction whose just standing to wait to get closer to him. By the time I get to reach out the mirror, the image turns to be my brother, my anger rises up to see him happy and as the time I got to knock down the mirror, Al jumped on me and stopped me from doing it. I immediately pushed him away from me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

He scoffs, "I should ask you the same thing, Dylan, what are you doing?" he said, "look at the mirror, there is nothing!" he pointed the refracted mirror and somehow, the portraying image of me and my brother suddenly vanished and I don't know how it happened, he finds me so occupied that I didn't get to know how all it happened. "It is just in your mind, Dylan... it shows somehow your anger, fear... it all comes into one perspective, the mirror shows what you hinder inside."

I smirked on what he said, "you don't know that, Al. You can create technologies but you don't know it."

He shrugged off his shoulder, "I'm just saying what's in my head."