Laser Tag Wars Part Two (Michael)

Start from the beginning

     "Are we doing the same teams as last time?" You ask as you gear up.

     "Nope," Luke smiles as he slides on his vest. "We're playing individually."

     "WHAT?!"

     "Every man for himself, Y/N. It's gonna be hella epic."

     "No, it's not! That's a horrible idea!"

     "Too bad, we already paid for it."

     "I hate you all." 

     Calum simply shrugs as he hands you a gun for the game. "We all you don't mean that. If you really hated us, you wouldn't be here."

     "No, I'm actually here because Michael offered to pay me." You take your gear over to the entrance. Suddenly, you realize how much harder this is going to be. On the car ride over, you'd been trying to think of ways to win. You figured as long as you got paired with the right people, you could probably pull it off. Playing individually is a whole other ballpark. How the hell are you supposed to win now?

     An announcer's voice comes over a speaker. "The door will open thirty seconds after this announcement ends. You will have five minutes before your equipment activates. You each have three lives. If you get hit three times, you're out of the game. You'll have a time gap of fifteen seconds if you get shot where you can't be hit again. Good luck."

     Five minutes? You only get five minutes to get as far away from everyone as possible? What's even the best strategy to go for? Find someplace to hide out and wait until it's down to the final two or be super risky and try taking the others down? You don't even have the time to completely decide on the best game plan because the door in front of you opens, and, instinctually, you run. By the time your legs start to complain, you're sufficiently satisfied with the distance you've managed to put between you and the others. From what you could tell, it didn't seem like anyone followed you. That at least gives you some time to think. 

     The best plan is probably to wait it out, but, knowing Michael, he won't let you. Doesn't mean you won't try. You crouch down as close to the ground as you can and move into a corner where you can see from every direction in case someone decides to try sneaking up on you. 

     The announcer hadn't mentioned anything about there being a second floor, but you can see a ramp leading upwards from your position. Is it worth the risk? Yeah, probably. You don't know for sure if this the only ramp up, but if it is then there can't be anybody up there. They would've had to have walked past you. You can hear the sound of the fight already starting, so you take the opportunity to sprint up the ramp. 

     "Guys!" You hear Michael shout. "Why are we fighting each other? I told you guys I really don't want to lose a hundred dollars." Wow, of course Michael's plan was to get everyone to team up on you. Of course it was.

     "Everybody puts your hands in the air!" Ashton shouts. You can see a balcony like area that you could probably have a view of the first floor from, so you make you're way over there as quietly as possible. You hear the sound of one of the guns firing just as you peek through the fence. "Calum, what the hell??" 

     "You still had three lives left. Now we're all equal except for Michael's dumba*s who only has one." You can see all four of them from where you are. They're all standing in a circle with both arms in the air. You can just happen to see the back of Calum's vest from here. The sensor on his back lights up brightly in the darkness. You slip your gun through the opening of the fence and aim. As soon as you pull the trigger you drop to the floor and flatten yourself against it as much as possible.