Awkward Moments (Calum)

Calum (16)

     You had fallen asleep pretty early for you. You had passed out at your computer desk while watching YouTube at 8 PM after an exhausting day at school. You lifted your head off the desk and stared up at the bright screen. 12 AM. You hadn't been asleep for long, but now you were completely awake...great. You sat up in your desk chair and stretched, realizing you still had your earbuds in. You pulled them out of your ears and leaned back in your chair.

     "Oh my God..." A female voice moaned out from somewhere else in the house.

     "WHAT THE F*CK?!?!" You whisper screamed, nearly falling out of your chair in surprise.

     Almost instantly, you became increasingly aware of all the other disturbing noises coming from somewhere in the house. You could hear a bed creaking rhythmically and more moans from the same voice as earlier. You were going to attempt to put your headphones back in and binge watch happy children's cartoons to cleanse your mind when a loud male groan echoed throughout the entire apartment. You cringed so hard it hurt. Your brother was having sex...and his room was right across from yours.

     There was no way you could block the sounds out now as they had suddenly gotten louder. You rushed to the door of your room in an attempt to make it downstairs, hoping you wouldn't be able to hear any of Calum's fun from there. You peeked your head out of the door and looked over at Calum's door across from yours. You sighed in relief when you saw it was closed. You creeped past the door, covering your ears to block out the sounds as best you could, as fast as you could without making any sound. Once you made it to the stairwell though, you practically jumped down it. You ran into the living room ready to jump on the couch with your phone and cleanse your mind when you nearly screamed out in surprise to see someone else sitting there.

     "Ashton?? What the h*ll are you doing in my house??"

     "Shh..." He exclaimed. "I came over to give Calum one of his movies back, I came in and he was doing...the funny business."

     You sat down next to him and rolled your eyes, "I'm sixteen Ashton. I know exactly what he's doing up there."

     "Right, umm.."

     "Umm...what?" You asked.

     "Do you want to use the secret spy camera equipment Michael set up in his room?" He quickly said. He immediately covered your mouth before you could scream.

     You pushed his hand off your face. "Why do you have spy camera equipment set up in my brother's room?"

"Well you know...for spy stuff."

"Are there any cameras in my room?" You asked suddenly worried.

     Ashton shrugged, "I have no idea. Michael set them up, but he is a creep sometimes so maybe."

     "Great."

     "You didn't answer my initial question though."

     You looked at him like a complete idiot, which in some ways he was. "Why the f*ck would I want to spy on my brother having sex?!?!"

     "For fun?"

     "No!!"

    "Come on, Y/N! They're probably done by now...please??"

     You rolled your eyes, "You're going to put it on regardless aren't you?"

     "Yep." He replied with a smile as he turned on the TV. After Ashton pressed a magical number of buttons, a night camera view of your brothers room came on. "See I told you they were done." You looked up at the screen for a split second before Ashton screamed, "NOPE, THAT'S A PENIS!!!" He pulled you into his chest and covered your eyes with his hands. "ABORT MISSION!!!!"

     "Ashton, shut up! Calum's going to hear you."

     "F*ck." He swore as he fiddled with something. You assumed it was the remote.

     "Don't you dare get turned on by it too. I already heard about Luke's incident."

     "What?? That's disgusting. I swore because I can't figure out what to press because I have my eyes closed!!" He said. "I think I got it."

     You lifted your head up and looked at the TV, it was back on its usual channels. You breathed out a sigh of relief, "Thank God." You turned to Ashton, "So now that your scheme backfired, are you going to head home?"

     Ashton checked the time on his phone. "It's like 1 AM. I guess I'll just stay down here. You going back upstairs?"

     "Are you insane? Of course not! The original purpose of me coming down here was because I could hear Calum doing the nasty!!"

      "Oh, guess I got in the way of that."

     "Yeah, you did." You collapsed into the recliner across the room with a groan. "You can have the couch. I'm going to bed."

     "Ashton, you're twenty-two not four."

      "Uh, okay." He said as you attempted to get comfortable. "Night, Y/N." 

     "Goodnight, six foot tall man child."

     "Rude."

     Ashton fell asleep quickly, leaving you staring at nothing but pitch black darkness. You felt your phone buzz from beside you, so you checked it. You had received a text from Michael.

Michelle: Well, that was eventful. Night, night.

     You rolled your eyes. Michael probably had some kind of camera set up in this room too. 

You: You're f*cking weird.

     You turned your phone off and closed your eyes.

*****

A few hours later...

     You awoke because someone was lightly shaking you. Light was streaming in through the windows. It was Calum. "Why are you and Ashton sleeping down here?"

     You looked up at him and saw his hair sticking up in twenty different directions along with small purple marks trailing down his neck. "So Calum, how was your night last night?"

     He frowned, "Not a word. If you and him tell anyone, I will murder you both." He walked away, leaving you in the cramped recliner.

     You kept quiet because Ashton was still sleeping, but there was one person Calum hadn't accounted for who also knew about his endeavors last night. Michael.

AN: Thanks for reading!!