Chapter 18: Pisces

Start from the beginning

"Behind you!"Pisces yelled at Mordecai, seeing the dullahan with the whip try to attack him.

Pisces ran over to the one with the sword who's horse was still injured from his strike and struck at the rider, it blocking it with its own sword.

"You die!" The head said, glaring at him with its eyes but still smiling with its face.

"Say my name then," Pisces replied and the head roared in anger. The horse went on its hind legs and tried to stomp on Pisces, but he ran through its legs and stabbed at its underside.

The rider flew off, the head rolling out of its control. The horse and rider didn't move after that, as the head rolled to a tree stump and eerily looked at Pisces, it's eyes finally closing.

"Oh, so that's how you die." Pisces was actually proud of himself being able to face a demon, even though he did have help from Mordecai.

He turned around to see Mordecai dispatching the second demon and Taurus was struggling.

Pisces ran over, kind of believing he could take two demons out in one day. He heard the demon speak and his blood turned cold.

It grounded Taurus and raised it flail, throwing it at his head.

"Die, Tau - "

"No!" Taurus yelled, raising his hand and causing a fissure to appear in the ground and the demon falling into the magma below. He looked at his hand and shakingly got to his feet. "I'm guessing I did that," he asked Mordecai who nodded. He looked at his palm again, and shrugged. "Guess this means I'm half demon or something."

"That was awesome!" Pisces uelled running over to Taurus. He wished he had a superpower like Taurus did! And like Mordecai.

"You think so? I guess it kinda was." 

"No, you're not half demon... but you're a demonhunter. Both of you are," Mordecai said, looking over at Pisces as well.

"I am?" No wonder his dad had wanted him to carry a sword around! "Does that mean I get to go around and wave this sword around and no one will care?" Maybe he had lived long because it was innately in his blood. He twirled his sword around, before sheathing it.

"Demonhunter. Sure thing," Taurus nonchalantly shrugged, picking his sword up, and just putting the blade between his belt and pants.

"I've got to take you both to Sleymon. I was heading to Axin to go and look for you, but lady luck grants me her blessing," Mordecai said.

"What's so special about me? I'm just a guy who loves beer and chocolate with ice cream," Taurus replied.

"First of all, What the fucks wrong with you? As for the rest, I'll explain on the way. We can rest at a place in the woods where a friend of mine lives, before we head to a port town," Mordecai explained.

"We'll need to do a few things before we get to Sleymon," Taurus said. "I appreciate the help, but I've got to head to Ora. A friend of mine is waiting there - we got separated when we were attacked by demons."

"How do you know they're alive?" Mordecai asked.

"She's a tough bitch," Taurus replied. "She also owes me money for clearing out the bandits at the abandoned castle to the north."

He had cleared out bandits from a castle!? Pisces was in awe of Taurus - he was so cool! Maybe he could teach Pisces a thing or two about swordplay?

"Impressive, I heard about Damien the so called bandit king falling in battle. Didn't expect it to be you."

Taurus shrugged. "He was just big talk. Let's head off before demons appear again."