Chapter 1

Via's POV

         I was in line at Starbucks, just before my shift started at the hospital. I was early, so I could enjoy my beverage peacefully. I was daydreaming when my phone rang. Alexandra. 

"Hei Via, ce mai faci? (Hey, how are you doing?)" (all conversations between them will be in Romanian, although written in English/ I will inform you if it's really English I want when needed)

 "I'm ok... waiting for my drink. You?"

 "Just felt like calling. It's been a long time since we talked. How's the internship?"

 "Great! Too bad it's only for a short time..."

 "I'm sure they'll hire you once you're done in Baltimore." 

"I hope so."

Sebastian's POV

         I had gone for a very early run this morning and decided to award myself with a cappuccino. I was daydreaming in line when suddenly I hear someone in front of me in line speak Romanian. I couldn't quite see her face, but I managed to learn she was a resident at the hospital just a couple of blocks away. Suddenly she turned her head. Wow! It was Olivia Reeves, the figure skater that had taken my breath away a year ago here in NYC. I never thought I'd never see her again, but there she was.

Via's POV - Flashback - 1 year ago

       Although I've been out the competitions for about five years, I still skated pretty much every day. I just couldn't stop. It was a part of me. The decision to stop was hard, but I couldn't compete AND go through Med School.

         Because I had gained some recognition back in the days, I would be often called for figure skating events. I always refused, saying I didn't have the time, but here I was today... just about to skate. The cause had gotten my attention. It was raising funds for the Children Oncology Ward for a hospital in New York. I agreed to perform two songs. For the first I chose "La vida es un carnaval" (Celia Cruz) and for the second "Africa" (Toto).

            The performance went great. Boy did it feel good to be back in front of an audience! The thrill is everything. I was already dressed and talking to my sister Cami when all of a sudden she said:

"OMG! ¡Mira quien esta en tu 6 o'clock!" (all conversations between Camila, Diego, Via, and their mom will be in Spanish although written in English/ I will inform you if it's really English I want when needed) 

"Who?"

 "Sebastian Stan!"

           I turned around and there he was. Not very close, but close enough. Close enough to see those sea blue eyes. 

"¡No lo creo!", I said turning back to Cami, "I'm totally having a fangirl moment here!"

 "He's looking our way!"

"Really?"

 "Yes! Just turn around SLOWLY." 

           When I did turn around again, Sebastian Stan was indeed looking our way. Or was he staring at me? I smiled at him. He smiled and waved at me. I waved back and turn to face Cami again. 

"Via, he's coming our way!"

 "What do we do?", I asked.

             She didn't have the chance to answer cause our brother Diego had arrived and was hugging and kissing me, telling me how great I was and how much he missed our time on the ice together (we had been partners on ice for ages).