899 32 8

This is it, the right moment to pull the trigger, but something was barricading you. Your finger was nudging it, but it wouldn't pop like if the muscle had become rigid and paralyzed. Hands were shaking more than ever, heart pounding causing you to sweat as you felt a single drop slowly rolling down the side of your forehead. Swallowed nervously and breathed unsteadily through your mouth, yet you were aiming the revolver right at the back of his head. Shortly, an unusual sensation slinked around your neck, pulled and tugged sturdy in a suffocating way. You quickly dropped the gun on the ground and labored to remove the thing around your throat. 

" You're as good as dead, girl! "  You heard a man voicing behind your ears as he tightened the rope harder around your fragile neck. You coughed and fought strenuously to inhale the tiniest oxygen if possible, but it was senseless. Colm moved his head to the weird and strange noises behind his back, seeing you being tangled to his surprise.

" You piece of ... "

BANG BANG BANG! * Bullet sound *

You flinched and closed your eyes tightly to the three gunshots that hit the air but opened as quick where you met Colm's wide open iris in yours. The grey and doleful color of his skin became pale, blood exuded out of his mouth, dripping down his creased lip, and he fell apathetic on the ground while you felt the grip around your neck loosen too. Both of them got executed right in front of your eyes by the man you admired since the first day you laid your eyes on. In your shocking state, you removed the noose instinctively, glancing straight at him while he slid the revolver back into his holster, approaching you and placed his hands on your shoulders, shaking you lightly.

" Are you okay? "

You nodded your head, feeling a bit overwhelmed with fear from the incident that happened currently.

It took a while until you began to finally understand that this whole thing was over, with his attendance by your side, got you to recover from the thrill, retrieving the composure back.

" Come on, we must leave before someone catches us, " he added and whistled for his horse. 

It wasn't safe to stay here and get questioned by the law or getting eyed by the locals if they resided nearby by any chance.

" Quick, give me your hand! " He called, and you winced out of your thoughts, hurrying your way to him, grasping his hand and the horn of the saddle to mount up. He hopped up quickly thereafter and commanded, " hold on tight. " You nodded once more and moved your hands onto his waist, clamping the fabric of his shirt firmly with your fingers.   

Suddenly, the gravel underneath you started to shake due to heavy galloping hooves, getting closer, both you and he were looking around, tracking where the acutely noises came from.   

" There they are! Don't let them get away! " A gang appeared on the other side of the base camp.

" Damn it! The O'Driscoll boys! " He yelled and reached for a big sized gun on the side of the saddle, handing it to you, " try to distract them while I catch up ahead getting us the hell out of here. " You shook your head frighten.

" I can't! " Finally speaking up after a long time of silence.

" You can trust me, we have no other choice! " He said strictly, letting you know that he was serious about the situation as he speeds up his horse. Just when you thought that everything had become to serenity, and you won't be able to touch a gun never again, they had to show up forcing you to link up with a weapon once more. " If you don't want us to die, do as I say! "