1.6K 39 8

Exactly what you've been guessing. Not a sight of a human could be seen. That's what you thought at first, until you caught a colored man, who was brushing the floor with a broom in the corner, at the end of this building. " The huligans usually creep out of their holes in the late evenings ", you said sarcastically to yourself. The colored man kept performing his duty, not paying attention to your attendance. You paced towards the counter, being slightly unsure if anybody was here.

" Hello! "  You shouted, in hopes of getting a respond, which you did.

" We're closed! Come back later! "  You heard someone roar from where it seemed to be coming from the kitchen, a separate room behind the bar desk. It didn't last long until a tall, and slim man appeared, wearing a white apron around his waist.

" Oh, I'm sorry maám, didn't know we were expecting a lady as a visitor. "

" It's alright. "  You responded, getting used by the fact that how many times you've been mistreated by the people of the same gender like him.

" So, what is a lady like you doing here if I may ask? "

" Actually, I'm here to ask about the "anonymous" man who visited this place yesterday night. "

" What about him? "  he asked.

" That's the same question I was going to ask you. "  You told him.

 He shrugged his shoulders.

" Sorry maám, I don't know anything about him. " 

" That's impossible, he must have been saying something ", you were thinking.

" Didn't he speak up at all? "  you wondered.

" No maám, he paid to take a bath on the second floor, later, he came downstairs to order a drink or two. " 

" What happened afterwards? "  

" He left. "  

Darn it! Unsucceeded this time again. You were being unaware on what to do next to gather more proper facts about him. This was your last clue that led you nowhere. At least, in comparison to the shopkeeper, this gentleman here was being kind and forbeing enough to help you answer the meaningless questions.

" Thanks for being patient with me, sir. " 

 You rewarded him politely, and turned around to leave, with your hed bowed, and heart torn, when a sudden, high-toned voice blocked you to head further.

" Miss! Come here! "  

Your gaze traced to the sound, and landed on an old drunk man, who sat in a floppy position at the round serving tables, way back in the corner, where no one would ever notice him. He was wearing a pelt cap on his head, and a worn cotton coat. On his hands he wore black finger gloves. You became doubtful at first, more likely a bit scared if he would hurt you at any cost. 

" Do you wanna know about that man or not? "  * hiccups *  

There, he finally emphasized something interesting to you ears, and therefore became brave enough to accompany him. You took a seat on the chair, opposing him, watching him drink his beer in one go.

* hiccups * " You see my lady, I happen to listen of what you were saying to the bartender at the counter * hiccups * I may have lost my sense, but not my ears. "  He said, laughing loudly at his own statement. He didn't seem to take this seriously, just wasting your time.