Chapter 3 ~ Unexpected visitor

One week later  ... 

* Ticking sounds

The sound of the wall clock was echoing in the entire room. The time went so slowly, like in eternity. You were bored, there's nothing much to do, I mean, what else could you do except for entertaining the guests? It was raining heavy outside, so there's no idea to go outdoor. Thunder clouds, covering the whole town like a thick and dark blanket. Flashlights, striking loudly, that forced the people to stay indoor. You leaned back in the chair, next to your window. The rain poured from the grey sky, non stop. But, you were finding it pleasant and loveable, as you closed your eyes, to the delightful sound of raindrops, smoothingly, hitting the window ledge.

* Door banged *

The front door to the Motel slammed, underneath your window. You gazed out, but couldn't find anything remarkable. Then you remembered, " it's got to be Mary-Beth's customer, who has probably arrived ".

* Knocks on door *

You raised up from the chair, and paced behind your door. 

" Who is it, if I may ask? "

" Me, Mary-Beth, I need to talk to you, please? "

You unlocked it, and opened midway. There she was, uneasy and slightly agitated.

" What brings you here Mary? "

" Can I ask for a favour? I know you're gonna dislike it, more likely, but I have no choice ".

" What is it? "  you wondered, watching her unsteady position.

She placed her hand beside the corner of her mouth, and whispered.

" It's the time of the month, I don't feel very well to assist the guest who is here, can you please have my back this time? "

This is absolutely nothing you were looking forward too, but, what other choices are there? you couldn't deny the guests, who pays, to get their desires fulfilled. You sighed, deeply.

" What kind of duty is it? "  you asked, impatiently.

" Bath assistance, not a big deal, right? " 

You rubbed your forehead.

" Fine, I'll take it ". She hugged you happily, for your kindly action.

" I'm gratfeul Y/N! I'm gonna make up to you one day ", she thankfully rewarded, while padding down the corridor, and back to her room. 

Going downstairs, passing the lobby, when the owner snatched you to the side all of sudden. 

" Miss Y/N! What on earth are you girls up to? where is Mary-Beth? the customer is waiting in the bathtub! "  He uttered angry, with one brow twirled up, puffing edgy on his pipe. 

" I cover her this time ", you replied careless, and carried on to the end of the hallway. 

You raised your hand in the air, and knocked, lightly on the bathroom door.

" Assistance, sir ".

" Come in ", the person responded.

You turned the door knob, and stepped in. 

The time paused for a minute, when you, to your unexpected big surprise, stumbled upon the familiar figure, lying in the tub. " This can't be true! What is he doing here? " you got so caught up by his presence, that you lost yourself for a while, and didn't notice that you were just standing there, like a stuffed animal, staring like an idiot, almost like you've seen a ghost. He looked at you in confusion, and snapped your attention back, by saying.

" Well, is there gonna be an assistance or not? " 

You close the door behind you, even out your dress and your messy updo. 

" Yes sir ... I'm sorry ", and kneeled down, next to him.

Reaching for a small towel from the round table, beside the bathtub, and dipped it, carefully, in the luke warm water, meanwhile you were peeking, slyly at him. His eyelids were shut. You examined him more detailed. His facial features were perfectly contoured to your eyes. The goldenbrown, tanned shade on his skin, and his light hair strands on his head, merged irresistibly together. The golden lock lashes, and the define brows, matched exotically. And his remarkable jawline, indicated in fine angles on each side to his chin, so tantalising. Once again, you became captured by him, and totally forgot to pick up the towel out of the tub. He opened his eyes, and aimed his gaze, straightly on yours. Those colors, you once witnessed before, were now shining, like glimmers on clear blue ocean, so harmonious, so divine.

" Miss, are you alright? "  he awaken you from daydreaming. You shook your conscious back, and wrung the towel, to let the excess water stream back in the tub.

" Sorry, sir ", you managed to say, lowly, and began to scrub, starting with his shoulder. 

He closed his eyes again, and tilted his head back against the bathtub. You continued scrubbing downwards, slowly but steadily, and couldn't let go of the sight you had in front of you. Your eyes wandered on his bare, toned upper body, and finally on his chest, that swung up and down, whenever he breathed, heavy and composed.

It was tickling inside your belly, and your heart was begining to beat faster, a light sheet of nervousness striked internally, reaching your arms and legs, making them shake. You tried to get rid of this uncomfortable yet an appetizing feeling, by swallowing, and concentrating on your job, but it wouldn't give up so easily, it was headstrong, and more powerful than your sense. 

" There will be nothing left of this arm if you keep on scrubbing it more ", he highlighted in the same position he was in. 

You got embarrassed when you realised that he's been spotting your odd behavior, and let the towel soak in the water again, and continued on the other arm. 

The hot steam touched your face, and the surroundings in that room, which was making your head to spin, feeling a bit dizzy, but your duty was begining to reach its final. He didn't say anything more after the previous sentence. But you were curious to know if he recognized you or not. The courage wasen't high enough to ask him. Partly beacuse he wasen't so talkative, and beacuse the tension was a bit uptight when you last opposed each other on the street. Maybe, he's just forgotten you, or, among others you're an ant on a massive anthill. He probably had many female admires, who pleased him now and then. 

Only the thought of that, was making you feel ill at ease and nauseous at the same time. Soon enough things would have gone black, and you brain would pass out, if you didn't get out of this foggy atmosphere. Even if you would love to stay here, beside him and admire him, but you needed to gain some newly fresh air. 

" I'm done sir, hope you're satisfied ", you said shyly, while getting up on your feet again, and walked to the door. You moved your hand onto the knob, twisted it slowly.

" I hope I didn't harm your wrists, miss ". 

You became stiff to the longed-for phrase you've been wanting to hear during the whole procedure. He did remember you after all. A hint of joy emerged inside your heart, but you remained cool-headed in front of him, by handle the situation smoothly and diplomatic. Turning your head briefly to the side, you answered him.

" No sir, you didn't ", and exited the bathroom.