Chapter 5 ~ Captured

" Apply two times daily, morning and night, " you repeated the shopkeeper's words once more before you opened the lid to the ointment, sweeping a fairly good layer on your fingers and lubricated carefully on the harmed cheek. 

It feels like someone is pouring a bucket filled with cold, ice cubes over the burning injured bruise. So cooling and soothing. The hair was hanging loose and free on your shoulder. Rechanging your current wears into a nightgown, which was a long and beautiful white lace dress with a cute ribbon in silk, sewn in the middle of the neckline, while your mind drifted away to the unknown man again. It was hard to polish the image away of him inside your head. How many times you had tried to forget, he constantly appears now and then. But you're not gonna lie to yourself. It somehow touches within you, so lovely and warm. It was like a block of safety, even though the people in the surroundings had warned you and others about how dangerous these men are, and how unluckily you had to experience their grotesque behavior yourself that that night with Colm. Only the thought gives you an unpleasant shiver internally, causing goosebumps on your skin. Unlike Colm, this unnamed man is different. He wouldn't ever lay a hand on a woman. No, he wouldn't. His expression tells that he's harmless for sure. He wouldn't have reacted so harshly otherwise when he remarked the blemish on your face. It moved within him. Does it mean ... you paused your speculations and said, " that he likes me? " and quickly shook your head to that stupid, unseemly conclusion. " No Y/N, what makes you think that he likes you? as I phrased before, he probably got many female admirers. I'm certainly one of them he only plays with and later ignores. Like a worthless disposable tissue that you only use once, to later throw it away somewhere and never ever think about no more. " A nasty wave of anxiety raised inside your gut, becoming crazed as you run your hands through your hair while laying on the bed, gazing emptily at the ceiling. Thoughts were brought back and forth, sucking and draining your energy, expiring your lids to shut in the end.    

* Horse grunting and rustling sound *   

The odd and strange noises got you to flinch out of your deep sleep. It was pitch dark inside your bedroom, only a weak reflection of moonlight was shining through your thin curtains and laid nicely on the wooden floor. You sat up on the bed, moving your feet onto the floor with your toes touching the ground. Tiptoeing close your window, pulling the curtains to the side to have a slight peek outside. It was empty on the street, not a single human was residing outdoor. The lanterns were blinking brightly at the edge of each and every rooftop on the buildings. " Strange must have been a dream, " you convinced yourself, turning away to get back to sleep, but halted immediately when you heard the sound of a gun loading. Again you glanced impatiently, but this time underneath your window when you caught three horses being hitched at the Motel's horse station. " What's going on? why are there three horses tethered here in the middle of the night? " suspiciously, moving your orbs around to have a glimpse of their owners, but couldn't see a single human in sight. " Something isn't right, who parks their horses here and disappear out of nowhere? " questioning yourself in despair.    

* Cracking and chinking sound *

Hastily you twitched to the noises coming outside your door. Worrying you tucked your hair behind your ear, the heart was skipping faster, the breathing was becoming difficult as it was somehow sealing your lungs, preventing the oxygen to pass through your respiratory system as it normally should. Your instinct was warning your sense to stay alert. A frightening and seamy feeling was creeping inside you, knowing that the atmosphere was different than usual, like you're being watched. You closed your eyes in hopes to be a dream and not reality. Relieving the agitation, gaining your composure back by taking a deep breath nice and steady before you opened your eyes again and quietly stepping towards the door. It was dead silence, unusually quiet. Extending your arm moving your hand in the direction of the knob, hesitate a second or two by backing off, then nudging it, twisting unhurried and pulled the door open.    

" Hello, there miss. Hope we're not disturbing. Get her boys! "   

" What's going on?! Who are you?! " calling out while struggling to get loose out of their solid grip. Two of them were holding your arm on each side, while the third was opposing you watching the whole action. They were all wearing a black bandana, covering their faces except for their eyes. 

" What do you want?! "  You yelled to the man in front of you, as he approaches closer, firmly shoving up a small cloth against your mouth and nose. Within a few seconds, your eyes rolled back in your head, and you were gone.

* Horse galloping *

Now and then your eyelids gently strained to open, all you could see between the short smudgy scenarios were sand, gravel, ground and horse hooves hitting the ground at full speed. Being unaware and unconscious what's happening. All you could assimilate was that you were lost and captured.