chapter 75

Arnav and Khushi got settled in the car while Arnav started it...

Arnav: Khushi, seatbelt... (he reminded)

Khushi just nodded her head and took the seatbelt in her hands... Seeing her shivering hands, Arnav helped her... He buckled up the seatbelt and Khushi just gave a weak smile to him...

Arnav(looking into Khushi's eyes): Khushi, are you okay??

Khushi nodded her head again but Arnav knew that Khushi was going through something major in her head...

Arnav: just forget this day, Khushi... You don't have to face that Kiran or Harshad again in your life...

Khushi again nodded her head and Arnav started his car knowing Khushi was still in her own thoughts...

Arnav almost got neared to Khushi's home when Khushi spoke...

Khushi: Arnavji, could you please drop me at Devi Maiya's temple first...

Arnav: but Khushi...I think, you need to take rest first...

Khushi: Arnavji, please...

Arnav could do nothing much... He had to agree... He took a turn to reach the temple...

Soon they reached temple and both of them got down...

Khushi: you could leave, Arnavji... I will go to home after spending some time with Devi Maiya...

Arnav: You want to spend time with your Devi Maiya??

Khushi nodded her head not knowing why he asked like that...

Arnav: and I want to spend some time with you...

Khushi got surprised to hear those words... No doubt, Arnav was behaving weirdly since her jiji's engagement... but to this extent?? She never expected...

Before Khushi could say something, Arnav held her hand and started walking... When they were about to enter the temple, Khushi stopped him...

Khushi: Arnavji, one minute...

Arnav stopped and looked at her...

Khushi: umm... please, leave your footwear here...

Arnav nodded his head and started removing his shoes while Khushi too removed her sandals...

Arnav: now, shall we go??

Khushi: Ha but... you are going to step inside the temple?? (she asked knowing Arnav rarely entered temples)

Arnav read her confusion and instead of answering her, he just held her hand once again and stepped inside... Khushi only watched his face while they were climbing the stairs...

Arnav(knowing Khushi's concentration was only on him): I don't know that you like to admire my face... (he tried to lighten up her mood)

Khushi came out of her thoughts hearing that...

Khushi: no... I am... I am just...

Arnav(cutting her off): it's ok... You can do that...

Khushi: no... I am just thinking something else...

Arnav(smiling): OK OK... We are inside the temple now... You could pray to your Devi Maiya...

Khushi scanned her surroundings and they indeed got inside the temple... Khushi folded her hands as soon she saw Devi Maa's idol... She closed her eyes to let her heart's burden become less while Arnav could only stare at her face... Khushi opened her eyes only to see Arnav staring at her... She signalled through her eyes to fold his hands just like she did... Arnav nodded his head in negative because he never believed in those... but Khushi would never leave him like that... She moved towards him and held his hands... She herself made him fold his hands...