chapter 33

Arnav was watching them, expecting to hear an answer from them. Anjali tried to cover.

Anjali: vo....Chotte... Me and Khushiji are planning to go for an outing, tomorrow. That's it.

Arnav: miss. Gupta, don't you want to come to office, tomorrow? As per my knowledge, you didn't ask my permission for a leave, right?

Khushi(gulping): yes, sir...

Arnav: Then??? When are you planning to ask?

Khushi: sir, I thought to ask you, after lunch.

Arnav(to Anjali): di, anything important that Khushi's presence is needed compulsorily, tomorrow?

Anjali: Nothing Chotte, just we thought to shop.

Arnav: di, if you don't mind not tomorrow, please. There are few things which needs Khushi's intervene.

Anjali: Its ok, Chotte, we will go some other time.

Arnav(smiling): Thank you, di. And miss. Gupta, are you ok with it?

Khushi: ha sir, ok. Work would be my priority.

Arnav nods his head and leaves the place. As soon as Arnav leaves, both Anjali and Khushi takes a sigh of relief.

Anjali: ufff.... Khushiji, we should observe the surroundings before having a talk on this topic, from now on.

Khushi: ha Anjaliji, we were saved this time but we should be careful from next time. Ok, Anjaliji, I should complete the work and leave to home quickly. I would call you at night so that we could discuss about the problem.

Anjali: Theek hey, Khushiji..(ok, Khushiji)

Khushi smiled and moved from there to Arnav's room. She tried to analyse the files and took the help of Arnav, if necessary. He helped her and he knew Khushi would be a quick learner. More 3 hours had passed and Arnav didn't want Khushi to stay there for some more time as she should also spend time with her family.

Arnav: You could leave now, miss. Gupta. Complete the work, tomorrow. It would be fine.

Khushi: Its ok sir, I will be done within an hour.

Arnav was about to say something when Khushi's phone rang. It was from Payal.

Khushi: ha, jiji.

Payal: Khushi, Buaji was asking you. We were planning to attend Vimala aunty daughter's sangeet ceremony today. Won't you attend?

Khushi though wanted to attend the sangeet, she needed to concentrate on work too. So, she denied.

Khushi: Its ok jiji. You both attend, I have some work. I will finish it and then, will reach home.

Khushi cuts the call and looks at Arnav.

Arnav: I have told you, go to home now. You could complete the work, tomorrow also.

Khushi was about to say something when Arnav got up.

Arnav: Go down and wait, I will be there within 5 mins.

Khushi gave a confused look which made Arnav to explain in detail.

Arnav: I will drop you to home.

Khushi: No need, sir. I can complete the work quickly and then.....

Arnav(cuts her off): I said wait downstairs (he ordered)

Khushi(muttering under her breath):
laad governor.....

Arnav: did you say something?

Khushi: nothing sir, I will be waiting down.

Arnav nodded his head and Khushi moved out. After 5 mins, Arnav in his usual business attire, came down. He moved towards Khushi.