8. The Top Reasons Why People Bully

Insecurity and Feeling Powerless

To many, the thought that a bully is insecure or feels powerless seems impossible. How can someone who feels insecure and powerless bully others? The truth is, insecurity does not mean an individual is shy and reserved. It simply means they are not happy with themselves. When an individual is not happy with himself, he may engage in bullying to bring others down to their perceived level.

When an individual feels powerless in his own life, it may trigger bullying. A bully feels powerful when he intimidates others. This is the reason many children from dysfunctional homes engage in bullying behaviors.

The Need to Control

The need to control is another one of the top reasons why people bully. There can be many reasons why a person needs to feel in control. Unfortunately, some of these people engage in bullying to gain control of their surroundings. Those who bully may have no control over the way they are treated at home, and this can trigger bullying, or it may be an issue with anxiety.

The Effects of Bullying

Bullying is life changing for those who are targeted. When someone is bullied, it affects his self-esteem, and it causes many problems socially. Depression and teen suicide are higher among those who suffer from bullying. Finding the right counselor/therapist is the best way to learn how to deal with a bully and the problems they cause.

If you are someone who is been suffering from a bully just understand the reasons for their action and try to make them understand and find solutions. If you yourself are a bully just remember just for a temporary evil happiness you are risking others whole life.