Michael

As I read  L's most recent letter.. i couldn't help but wonder why she chose to like me of all people and how she knew me.

I glanced at the clock...

00:00 am, Midnight.

I slid the letter back into its envelope and placed it in my table drawer with the others.

I reached for the hem of my shirt about to pull it off.

Then there was a knock on my door.

"Mikey?" a voice called from outside.

Luke.

I walked over and opened the door, allowing the tall blonde to walk in.

"I need to tell you something..." he whispered.

"Umm... sure?" i said, slightly confused. "Don't you usually go to Calum?"

"I.. thought.. that maybe you'd understand better.. but if you think I'm being a nuisance for wanting to talk at midnight... i'll just leave then" he mumbled, turning around to leave.

"No.. Luke, its not that.. you're definitely not a nuisance and i'm happy you think I'd understand better. Its just.. i find it weird." I pulled him inside my room, closing the door behind him.

"You can tell me anything." i motioned for him to sit on the bed.

We sat such that we were face to face.

His gaze was kept on his hands as he continuously rubbed them together as if to create friction.

"Luke... are you cold?" i asked.

He remained silent.

"Luke?" his head snapped up and he turned red.

"um... sorry... I've been.. really out of it lately because... umm..." he stammered.

"I can tell..." i said. "What were you going to tell me?"

"Oh.. that.. umm... I have.... a.." he hesitated, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. " I have deppression."

I stared at him, wide eyed.

How could this Happy Go Lucky idiot in front of me have deppression?

"How long?" I asked.

He just shrugged.

"Since... 2 months ago?"

He's so... happy all the time. But... Depression, nobody would've guessed it.

I sucked in a breath, my lips parting to ask him another question.

"Do you?" i used my finger to draw a line across my wrist as a gesture.

His eyes began to tear up.

"I wanted to tell Ash but I was afraid he'd scold me," he whimpered.

I pulled him into my arms, embracing my bestfriend as he continued to cry.

"Where Luke?" i asked, noticing his wrists were bare.

His fingers wandered to the hem of his pants, slowly pulling it down slightly.

I placed a hand over his.

"I don't want to see." i whispered. "But.. please stop.. for me."

He didn't say anything.

Light snores filled the silence in the room.

I stroked his back, pulling the covers over him to shield his freezing body from the cold.

I fell asleep shortly after.