Chapter Nineteen

Yoongi seemed to have a good childhood. Compared to Jimin, Yoongi didn't really have a reason to rebel so much. Since he met Jimin, Yoongi had promised himself that he would always protect the younger. That promise was first tested when Yoongi was fourteen and Jimin was twelve. They were both in middle school. Jimin was in seventh grade and Yoongi was in Eighth. Both boys remember that day vividly, though Jimin would prefer not to remember it. It was the first time that Yoongi saw Jimin completely broken to the point where the elder couldn't even make him feel better.

Jimin sat in his math class. The teacher was giving a lecture and going over notes. Jimin tapped his desk quietly with his fingers as he stared out the window. This class was boring for the younger because of how easy the topic was. The classroom phone rung, stopping the lesson. Jimin could only hear his teacher's side of the conversation.

"We are in the middle of a lesson, can it wait?" Jimin looked up to see the teacher making direct eye contact with him. The teachers face had lost its color. What could be going on? The younger thought. Jimin immediately thought about Yoongi. What if something had happened to him? Jimin shook the thought out of his head. Nothing could happen to Yoongi, my hung is strong! Jimin thought. "U-um, P-Park Jimin. Someone needs to talk with you in office." Jimin stood up and started to walk when the teacher stopped him. "Take your stuff with you." The younger hesitantly picked up his stuff before walking out of the classroom. What could this be about? Anxiety started to settle into Jimin's stomach. It only got worse when he entered the office to see a police officer standing with two of the office people.

"Park Jimin?" He questioned. His voice was low and soft.

"That's me?" The younger chirped nervously.

"Sit down. Son, I hate to have to tell you this, but...your parents got into a car accident last night at 11:37." Jimin's eyes shot open.

"What?! Are they okay?!" His parents were usually gone in the mornings so the younger didn't find it out of the ordinary to not see his parents that morning. The officer glanced to the two women, they exchanged looks of sadness and remorse.

"They passed away, Jimin." As soon as those words were spoken Jimin felt his heart crumble into pieces. "They were broadsided by a drunk driver and hit a tree." a tear escaped the younger's eye.

"N-no..." Jimin said quietly. "N-no...you're lying. Please tell me you're lying." Jimin's voice started to break as tears started to trickle down his face. His whole world started crumbling around him. Jimin started to shake as one of the office lady's lent down to hug the younger.

"Do you have a relative or someone we can contact?" Jimin and Yoongi's friendship was widely known by even most of the teachers due to Yoongi occasionally getting in trouble for sticking up for the younger.

"Y-Yoongi Hyung." Was the first and only thing Jimin could sputter out. The officer looked at the two office ladies hoping they knew who he was talking about. One of the ladies was quick to grab the phone and call. Jimin was shaking in the chair when Yoongi burst through the door. Jimin turned towards him teary-eyed. Yoongi immediately ran to the younger's side. Jimin threw his arms around the older. Yoongi hadn't yet been told the reason for Jimin's distress.

"Chimmy, what happened?" Yoongi squeezed the younger tighter as Jimin trembled in his arms. Yoongi could tell the younger was broken. Could this be the first time Yoongi couldn't protect Jimin?

"M-my p-arents..." Jimin could only say those two words before he broke out into quick sobs. A thick feeling of dread sat in Yoongi's stomach as he added up the situation. Jimin crying, concerned about his parents, the officer staring, Jimin's parents are gone. Anger filled Yoongi's stomach but not at anyone in particular. Just at the world. What did Jimin do that could have made him deserve this? Yoongi hugged the younger tighter as if trying to squeeze all of this pain out. Yoongi looked up at one of the office attendants.