The End of Sendak

Your P.O.V. -

"Hello?" someone yelled after a large bang.

With blurry vision, a splitting headache, and a sore body, I rose from a metal floor. Looking around, I found myself alone in a dark room with thin purple lights. I began to remember what happened only moments before arriving here.

'I'm on Sendak's ship...'

"(F/n)! Lance! Hunk!" Keith yelled. "Pidge! Allura!"

I raced to the small rectangular opening in the door.

"Keith. I'm here," I called.

"Same here," Lance answered grimly.

"Yeah, me too," said Hunk. "How long have we been out?"

"...Looks like we've lost about an hour," Pidge answered.

"What happened?" Allura asked.

"We're on Sendak's ship," said Keith. "Admiral Sanda... She sold us out."

"How could she?" Pidge asked in anger.

"...He said he'd leave Earth if he had the Lions, but he lied to me," someone said in a low voice. "This is all my fault. I wanted to protect my people, but now I've doomed them. I've doomed them all. I'm so sorry."

"Admiral," Keith said. "What is Sendak's plan?"

"Sendak is..." Sanda began. "moving the Zaiforge cannons into position. He's going to destroy Earth. Please, you must know... I wanted to save Earth."

Time Skip

Sitting for almost an hour in silence, the ship started to quake.

"What was that?" Lance yelled.

"The Garrison is mounting a counter-attack," said Keith.

"My dad," said Pidge. "He launched the Atlas!"

Without being able to see the battle, it was hard determining who was winning. I just had to hope that the Garrison had a fighting chance.

"We need to get out there," said Keith. "The Atlas can't win this fight alone."

"Guys, I have a thought," Hunk began. "Remember how we were able to call the Lions to us on Earth? Well, why can't we do that now? They might be able to break us out."

"Calling the Lions to us and having the Lions break us out are two totally different things," said Pidge.

"I'm not saying it'll be easy," Hunk defended. "I-I'm not even saying it's possible but we have to at least be willing to try. Think of our families..! Think of Earth."

"At this point," I said. "I'm willing to try anything, just to fight back. I say we do it."

"Paladins, close your eyes," Keith instructed. "Connect with your Lions."

As told, I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing. My thoughts were filled with Violet. Her energy and mine, connecting our minds. I felt her 'wake up' and I could see through her eyes and control her as if I was really with her. All of the Lions roared before breaking out of the battlecruiser and onto the battlefield.

"The Atlas!" Pidge yelled.

"It's under heavy fire! They need our help!" Allura yelled.

"Lions, on me!" Keith commanded.

Flying in formation, we followed Keith to the Atlas. Dodging and counterattacking anything that came in our way.

"Paladins, welcome to the fight!" Shiro exclaimed from the Atlas. "Let's go take out Sendak's cruiser!"