Keith's Past

Third Person -

Even at a very young age, Keith never really fit in with all of the other kids his age. Thanks to the turmoil he received with his parents and how they left, Keith got a taste of the sorrow he believed the world to be. He never tried in school and when his classmates teased him, he acted out. He got in trouble and was given attention for it. Realizing that people would actually see him, he kept getting in trouble, despite the prodigious intelligence he hides from everyone; even himself.

That was until one day, two people, one wearing a grey suit and the other in normal clothes, walked into his junior high classroom. Although, he didn't care to look at them. Instead, he looked out of the window next to him. Thinking about anything else, only because he knew that 'anything else' was better than this.

"I've brought some special guests with me today," his principal spoke, but he tuned her out. "I'm sure you recognize them. This young man is the youngest pilot to lead a mission into space, Takashi Shirogane! And the young girl next to him is his sister, a prodigy pilot that is following in his footsteps and entering the Galaxy Garrison next year, (F/n) Shirogane!"

All of the students, except for Keith, applauded the pilots in front of them. It was true that Shiro was a gifted young pilot. He had been living with just his younger sister for a while and he was determined to show her a good example while also achieving his own goals. He was a handsome, intelligent, and strong young man; a great model for anyone. He also believed that anyone could do great, which some people would say is something that gives strength despite it being his weakness.

Now, his sister, (F/n) took what her brother had given her and ran with it. She saw how hard he would work and how much he would accomplish. She saw how happy he would become when finished with his work. She wanted that. She, alike her brother, was intelligent beyond belief. She would study his books at a young age and work such as he did. She was even seen as a cute little girl, and some would say she would grow to be a beautiful woman. She would grow to be like her brother.

"Thanks for having us," Shiro smiled to the young students.

Some students began to whisper and murmur.

"(F/n) is going to be the youngest student accepted into the Galaxy Garrison and Shiro just broke the record for the fastest orbital velocity--"

Keith still did not seem to care. He knew that even people as great as the two in front of him couldn't help him. He knew he would always be something untouchable to most. He felt even worse just thinking about how they would give him little to no attention all because of his past. Negativity flooded his mind.

"The Galaxy Garrison sent us to schools in the area to help find the next generation of astroexplorers," Shiro explained. "Who's ready to find out what it takes?"

Every student in the room raised their hand and began to yell in excitement. Except for Keith. Shiro nervously laughed at the children in front of him.

"All right, all right," said Shiro. "Well, in order to do that, we're going to give you a test."

All of the students put down their hands, slumped in their seats, and moaned at the thought of something so boring. Shiro looked to his sister, who was anxious to give the news. He smiled at her enthusiasm and nudged her arm, giving her the 'okay' to tell them the twist.

"By playing..." (F/n) paused. "A video game!"

Her childish delivery made Shiro chuckle while all of the students returned to their eager, upright positions as they cheered. Shiro scanned the room of children before landing on Keith, who continued to stare out the window. Shiro wondered if he heard a word either of them said, but then remembered the reason for their presence in the classroom. Shiro settles the children down before leading them outside to the video game: A large white box.