Monsters & Mana

{Since this story is an x reader, (F/n)'s Monsters and Mana character can be whatever you wish but for me, (F/n) is going to be a knight. But you guys still get to choose your name. (MM/n) means (Monsters & Mana/Name)}

Your P.O.V. -

"Hey, (F/n)," Pidge walked into my room.

"What is it?"

"Coran found this old Altean board game. Hunk and I are gonna play, you wanna join us?"

"Sure," I smiled as I followed Pidge to the lounge.

"Hey," Hunk greeted from the couch. "Ready to play?"

"Almost," Pidge said as she and I joined Hunk on the couch. "(F/n) still needs to choose her character."

"Character?" I questioned. "I make my own character?"

Coran nodded, "You choose your character type, name, and origin if desired."

Coran handed me a list of characters I could be. I started to quickly scan through the list of characters.

"You could be a--"

"Knight!" I interrupted Coran. "I wanna be a knight."

"All right!" said Coran. "Here."

He handed me a little screen.

"Create your character on there and it will help track of your stats."

"Thanks," I said.

"I'm Meklavar," said Pidge. "A dwarven miner, and one of the best ax-fighters in three lands. And my precious family heirloom was stolen, so I'm trying to get it back."

"And I'm Block," said Hunk. "A sorcerer who's gotten a curse set on his town which causes all of the villagers to be turned to stone."

"Cool," I said. "I'll be (MM/n). A knight who's king had a spell casted on him to cause a 'mental illness.' And now, I hunt for the wizard who did this."

"All right! Are we ready?" Coran asked.

"Wait, what will you be doing?" I asked Coran.

"Why, I'm the Lore Master," Coran said as he showed me a book.

"Okay, let's go!" Hunk yelled.

In the beginning of the game, the three of us met up and tried to help Hunk's case, but we ended up getting chased by an ogre.

"Get behind me!" said Block. "Shield of protection!"

"Hit it with your lightning bolt!" Meklavar yelled.

"Lightning bolt!"

Block waved his staff in front of the ogre to send an itty-bitty little lightning bolt into its hair. The three of us nervously laughed before running down a hill.

"You call that a lightning bolt?" I yelled at Block.

"If you're the remaining hope for your village, they're doomed!" Meklavar yelled.

"I'm a healer, not a fighter!" said Block. "Soaring staff!"

Block hopped on his staff which started to fly. He flew up to me and Meklavar and allowed to climb on the back. It was a very tight squeeze. The ogre then began to play a soft melody.

"Oh, no," said Meklavar. "That's the song of eternal slumber. Cast protection from sleep on yourself."

"Song of eternal slumber, Pidge?" said Block. "That's the-- [yawn] How come you guys don't need it?"