Chapter 23

Jisoo's POV

Flashback

I climbed up from Jennie's window. It was dark but I could still see that everything was broken and Jennie was on the floor. I quickly walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"Jennie." I whispered.

"Are you okay?" Jennie opened her eyes. When she saw me her eyes went wide.

"Jisoo, what are you doing here? Mom can't see you here." She pushed me away but I grabbed her arm and she flinched.

"What is this?" I said pulling her arm toward me. I could see bruises on her arm. "Did she do this to you? Is she crazy!?"

"Is nothing." She tried to pull away my hand from her arm.

"Nothing? She is abusing you."

"Jisoo, please... leave me."

"You're my girlfriend. Why would I leave you?"

"Sorry but we need to break up."

"Break up?! Why?!" I shouted.

"My mom is going to hear you." Jennie panicked.

"Your mom is not a god. Why are you listening to her?!" I heard the door unlock and Jennie's mom was seen.

"What are you doing here?!" Jennie's mom shouted.

"ARE YOU CRAZY, LOCKING THE DOOR!? SHE IS NOT A ANIMAL YOU CAN LOCK IN THE ROOM!" I shouted at her.

"Shut up and leave or I'll call the police." Jennie's mom said.

"Go ahead and do it. I'll tell them how you abuse your own daughter."

"Jisoo, please stop." She looked at me with a tear in her eyes.

"Leave now!"

"Jennie, I'll not leave you alone. I'm coming back." I said before leaving the house.

A few days later at school.

Jennie finally came to school but it was something wrong with her. She was ignoring me.

"Jennie why are you ignoring me?" I grabbed her arm.

"Jisoo, please let go." She tried to get lost from my grip.

"Answer me."

"We are done."

"What do you mean "done"?" I couldn't process it.

"We already broke up."

"What? Did you mean it when you told me?"

"If I wasn't clear then I'm going to say it here again. Jisoo, I'm breaking up with you and you no longer have anything to do with me." She turns around to walk away but I grabbed her wrist.

"Please don't listen to your mom. I love you."

"But I no longer do."

End of the flashback

"You gave up after that?" Y/N asked. My eyes start to watering. "I'm sorry." She said while patting my back.

"It's okay. I didn't give up at first but she told me something that made me realize that I would never be able to have her ever again."

Flashback

I grabbed Jennie's wrist preventing her from walking away. She turns around and harshly pushed my hand away.

"What do you want from me? I told you we are over."

"I know you still like me. Don't let your mom-"

"Shut up! Don't bring my mom into this. I clearly told you that I don't love you anymore."

"You are lying."

"Whatever. I'm going."

"No!"

"Why don't you understand!?"

"Understand what?" I could see that her breathing was uneven.

"You only get one mom and one dad in your life and I couldn't..." A tear ran down her cheek. "... protect my dad so he died. My mom gave birth to me and raised me all by herself... If my girlfriend and mom were kidnapped and I only could save one then I wouldn't even hesitate a bit to save my mom."