Chapter 9

My eyes went wide when I saw her face.

"Jisoo?!"

"Jennie?" I looked at Y/N and then back at Jisoo. I was worried that Jisoo might have told Y/N something she shouldn't know.

"You know her?" I asked Y/N.

"Not really. We met today."

"Did she tell you something?" I whispered to Y/N. She looked at Jisoo before answering.

"No." She said smiling at me.

"Jisoo..." I started.

"Yes?"

"... No, it was nothing." I changed my mind.

"Okay... I'll be leaving now." Jisoo said.

"Wait. Are you not going to eat with me?" Y/N asked.

"I just remembered I have something to do. Bye."

"Bye!" Y/N said. Jisoo looked at me before walking off. We then start to walk in the other direction.

"Did she really not tell you anything?" I asked again.

"She actually did." My heart skipped a beat.

"What did she say?" I asked nervously.

"She told me that you were her childhood friend."

"Nothing more?"

"Nothing more."

"Good..." I mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"Huh. Nothing." I stopped which made her stop too.

"Jennie? You okay?"

"I'm sorry for earlier. I don't know what got into me. I shouldn't have been so violent. Did I hurt you?" I took her arm and checked if I left any bruises. I raised my head to look at her then a smile appeared on her face which made me confused.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Cause you care about me."

"Of course I do. You are my best friend." She didn't smile as bright as before but she still had a smile on her face.

"You won't leave me..." She suddenly hugged me.

"...Right?"

"Huh?" I was startled by her action.

"We are best friends... forever, right?" I responded with a hug back and a nod.

'I wanna be with you forever.'

Y/N's POV

Jennie want me sleepover at her house because her mom was on a business trip and she didn't want to be home alone.

"Let's watch this one." She said and clicked on the movie she wanted to watch. She then wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned her head against my shoulder. My heart started to beat fast again. Jennie, why are you doing this to me?

"Jennie?"

"Huh?"

"Do you remember anything from your childhood?"

"Of course I do. Why?"

"Have you ever promised someone something that you'll do in the future?" She paused the movie and sat up.

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Have you?"

"Not what I remembered."

"Let's continue watching." I grab the remoter and play the movie. She was about to hug me again but I quickly got up.

"Where are you going?"

"I-I am going to the toilet." I walked out of the living room and entered the bathroom. I turned on the sink and washed my face. I raised my head and looked at the mirror.

"Y/N, she doesn't remember you. WAKE UP!" I shouted at myself.

"Y/N, are you okay in there?" I heard her knocked on the door.

"I'm okay." I quickly said and walked out of the bathroom.

"Should we go to sleep? You look tired."

"Yes," I said giving her a small smile while nodding.