Chapter 2

The two guards push open the double doors for us, their faces concealed by armoured helmets. Glossy, black wings fan out behind them, screaming the fact that they're fallen.

I stride out into the courtyard that's spread before me, Dem close on my heels. The warm breeze drifts over my skin like soft silk.

"I can't stand that bloody whore! I swear, I was so close of ripping her fucking throat out!" I seethe. 

"I know. If someone doesn't shove her head on a spike soon, I will." Dem flares his skeletal wings that rest on his shoulder blades. A match to his tail.

I dodge the incoming limb, not wanting to get slapped in the back by hard bone. How he manages to haul his big ass into the sky on nothing but wings of bone is a mystery to me. I can never grasp how the wind can carry him without muscle or flesh supporting those skeletal beauties.

Hatred is still coursing through my blood, making my muscles clench in rage. A certain kind of rage that only a particular red skinned bitch can muster. Just looking at her makes me want to punch something.

"Please do," I hiss.

My feet slap against the cobblestone, smoothed down by use from carriages, hooves and whatever else. The moons soft rays of light touch my face. They gently illuminate every object and being they stroke as the moonlight sets the red sky in a fiery glow.

The biggest moon, floats in the middle. Its watchful gaze seeing all that live beneath it, encompassed by the two smaller moons beside it. The millions of stars shine beside them in a spectacular sight of light and colour.

Hell does not have a sun, having never seen a ray of daylight. Not that anyone minds. Most here prefer the night.

We leave Hells Palace as we cross the courtyard and make our way to the front gates, passing the fountain placed dead centre. The palace's colossal hight casts everything in shadow.

A shriek sounds from above as a demon sweeps through the sky. Its black, leathery skin absorbing any light that comes near it. Fire courses through its veins creating red lines through its body.

Creatures swarm the courtyard in different colours, shapes and sizes. Some humanoid, others not. All with the same despicable glint in their eyes if they have any.

The crowd begins to thicken as Dem and I make our way towards the gates of the palace, beyond lying the Capital of Hell. My curiosity spikes at the unusually large crowd.

Dem walks in front, shouldering demons out the way to make a path for me, landing us in front of everyone.

"Wonder what this is about," I inquire.

"Who knows. A servant probably forgot to polish a nobles boots," Demtorious muses.

I chuckle. It sounds exactly like the petty nobles. Their overreacting attitudes never cease to astound me.

As I look at the raised platform, the execution block waits patiently on the raised platform, hungry for its next victim. It's very presence screaming death.

The crowd gathered to watch awaits in anticipation. Their blood thirst so thick it taints the air, reeking of it. 

As I wait for something to happen, the hairs on the back of my neck stand, tingles traveling down my arms. A stare tries to drill holes straight through me. My gaze lifts up to find the culprit.

The right hand of Satan looks at us. His intense gaze focused on Dem and I as he sits atop his mini throne on the platform, overseeing the execution.