Chapter 1

To most people, Hell is nothing but a place of endless pain and suffering. It's a realm that has always been frowned upon by many, the very name of it able to punch fear into the strongest of creatures.

It's the place where many of the living end up after they die, more than humanity will ever want to acknowledge. Their vile human souls are sent to the infamous Pits and are left to rot, burning alive over an over again only to never die, stuck in a cycle of torture that won't stop.

But to some of us who have the upper hand, Hell is so much more than what most only get to see. It's a place of beauty and wealth and power where we can live our days free of eternal damnation which is why I can stand here trying to pick something to wear without having to face anything nasty.

"Hurry up," Dem snaps. I can feel his impatience through the door. I know if I don't hurry he's probably going to bust his ass in here and drag me out half naked.

I flick through endless amounts of cloths, smooth fabrics running through my hands. He bangs on the door again. Hastily, I find something and slap it on, fighting a wave of tiredness as I adjust the straps of my top.

A screech echos from behind me, piercing my ear drums. Across the room, the whole wall is solid glass, windows dwarfing me in size. They overlook the streets far below, turning sky scrapers into twigs at this distance.

And above it all, the three moons hang proudly. Their light setting the sky in a red blaze.

The creature with the ear splitting wail flaps through the air, heated wind currents carrying it high. Bat wings fan behind its scaly body. It's face also like a bats with its large ears and pointed yet flat nose like someone had hit it in the face with a wooden plank. Despite its ugly appearance, the demon glides gracefully through the air like a hideous ballerina. It lets out another cry as it flys dangerously close to my windows. It's talons scrape the glass.

I scowl at the jagged scratch it leaves behind like a scar running through smooth skin.

One look at the drop all the way to the ground, and I can already tell that some poor servant is going to have a rough day replacing that panel of glass.

As the creature soars off a pang of envy hits my chest. I would kill for a pair of wings.

"Hurry up, we don't have forever."

I walk towards my door, rolling my eyes. His impatience knows no bounds.

With a flick of my wrist, the hellfire burning the candles on my nightstand and along the walls, vanishes leaving nothing but thin trails of smoke that drift lazily into the air.

Shutting the door to my room, I walk into my chamber, talons running over the beautifully crafted carvings etched into the walls.

Leaning against the couch, an arrogant smirk pulling his mouth, is no other than Demtorious. Extreme pain in the ass and unfailing, best friend. I could never ask for someone better in my life and will probably never receive anyone as loyal.

He's more like a brother to me than my actual siblings. I can't think of my life without him nor do I want to.

"Well it's about time." His skeletal tail flicks along the ground in impatience. "Have a nice sleep?" he smiles.

"Fantastic until you woke me," I snort.

He takes too much pleasure in dragging my corpse out of bed. His green eyes sparkle at my annoyance. Green eyes that glow like the sun shining through a canopy of leaves.