Jogging Down the (Memory) Lane

Warina's P

Warina's P.O.V.

"First things first," I slur, still sleepy. "Only OneRepublic, or whoever's my official alarm band, has the right to wake me up in the morning, unless I'm late. Today is a Sunday, therefore I'm not late. Explain yourself, Emily Lawrence."

"Oh, forget about that," my bestie says, bouncing with excitement. "Happy birthday, Rina! You're officially eighteen now!"

I groan.

"By the way," Em continues. "Today is special for a lot more reasons. For example, the only conclusion I can reach after seeing that package on your desk is that someone from your family remembered your birthday. Isn't that a great start?"

One look at the package, wrapped in my favourite color, and I knew who did.

Happy birthday, my dear, Loki chuckles in my mind. Hope you like your birthday present.

"Though it doesn't have any name on it..." Em says with a frown as I throw aside the covers to run towards my gift.

Ripping apart the shiny paper, I realise I'm holding the latest iPhone in my hands. Em and I stare at it in silence.

Uh...is it ok? My godfather whispers nervously. It appears to be quite popular among mortals....

Are you kidding me, Loki? It's awesome! But...where did you even get the money for a freakin' iPhone?

Well, being a God has its perks....

"Whoever got it is sure as hell loaded," Em murmurs. "With money as well as with love for you. Anyways," she brightens up again. "I got you something as well. Through it's nothing as cool as an iPhone...."

She hands me another package, and I quickly unwrap it. Inside is....

"OH MY FREAKING GOD YOU GOT ME INFINITY GAUNTLET EM I LOVE YOU!" I hyperventilate, clutching the comic book close.

She laughs. "Yeah, I figured out you'd like to complete your collection."

"Wow, the day has barely started, and I can already tell that this is gonna be one of my best birthdays ever!" I say, grinning like an idiot.

Em smiles back. "Trust me, Rina, it's gonna get a lot better..."

                         ~*~*~*~*~

"Are you atleast gonna tell me where we're going?" I ask Em for the thirtieth time.

Her taking me to unknown place is bad enough, but her insisting that I wear a short dress and killer heels to said place is even worse. So here I am, in an electric blue dress and black heels, chasing after her as she leads me to some unknown place. Hence the relentless questioning.

"Nope," my best friend grins back. Unlike me, she seems to be quite comfortably walking in those murderous stilletos that she's wearing. "But don't worry, we're quite close."

She finally stops in front of a place I know too well.

Marcelo's Bakery?!