It's Her WHAT Tomorrow??!

Emily's POV

Emily's POV

Best. Thing. Ever!

I mean, Allen pretty much proved himself to me. I know my hunch was correct after all, but who's gonna tell that to Rina?

Anyways, now that he's single, it's my duty to hook them up. Question is, how?

Not now, I think. I have another thing to think about right now- her birthday gift.

The thing is, Rina doesn't like celebrating her birthday. When asked, she just says that she finds it immature and childish, but I know that's crap. The real reason is that it reminds her of her parents, and the fact that nobody in her family bothered to celebrate it after them. And no matter how much I insist, she wouldn't let me do anything more than get her a gift and spend the day together.

So here I am, wandering around aimlessly in the mall, with zero ideas on what to get for my best friend. I could get her a book, or that Avengers bag she'd seen the other day we were here, or a nice set of watercolours, or... alright, you see why I'm having trouble here?

That might be the reason why I jumped up a mile while screaming when a hand tapped my shoulder.

Turning around, I realise that Allen and Chris are looking visibly confused.

"Umm....hi," I manage, realising Chris's gorgeous eyes are trained on me.

"Hi," Chris says. "What's up, Em? You looked like you....uhh...were thinking about something?"

"Uhh...yeah," Allen says, looking around me. "And where's Rina?"

"Oh, I'm here alone," I reply. "It's her birthday tomorrow, and I still haven't thought of what I'm gonna get her. So..."

The two of them stare at me in silence, before Allen takes a deep breath.

"IT'S HER WHAT TOMORROW?!"

I giggle. "It's her birthday tomorrow, Allen. She prefers to keep it low profile, so I usually just get her a gift and then we go out somewhere together."

Allen and Chris mull over my words in silence, making me wonder if I said something wrong. A tiny "what?" escapes my mouth before I can stop it.

"I-it's just that...she remembers my birthday," he frowns. "She wished me last year. I know it's stupid of me, but I never sort of realised that I didn't know her's."

I roll my eyes. "Your birthday falls on Christmas, Allen. Anybody will remember that. Even I do." Actually, I remember it because Rina never shuts up about it, but you don't have to know that.

"Can I...can I contribute?" Allen asks, slowly. "I think I know why she likes it that way, and I'd like to change that. Can we do something together?"

"Excuse me, Allen?" Chris glares at his best friend. "It's not I, it's we. We want to contribute."

I smile softly. "Sure, Allen, she'd love that. We can make her birthday a special day for her together."

He smiles excitedly at Chris, like a little kid. "So, what's the plan, Captain?"

"Truth to tell," I admit sheepishly. "There is no plan. I've already told you about my original one, but..."

"Got it," he grins. "So that just means we have to come up with a new one, right?"

                        ~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Yikes. Sorry for the awful chapter. By the way, I have a request. To all those who are enjoying this story, can you please do me a favour? Go to Youngblood Awards and give me a +1 in the People's Choice Awards? I'll make up for it, I promise.

Pretty please with cherry on top?