Lights, Camera, and....Action!

Do you know what they says about cliffhangers? How they don't let you focus, or sleep at night?

As for me, one didn't let me focus on calculus, or sleep in Spanish. After asking Loki atleast 30 times about the cause behind his smug look, I had given up.

After the bell rang for recess, and we all went out towards the cafeteria, I decided to make one final attempt.

Loki, please, why can't you tell me?

Em meets me by the locker while Loki continues to chuckle.

Well? I ask.

I mixed soap in her pastry, he finally says, still chuckling.

"H-huh?" I splutter. My bestie gives me a weird look.

"Are you crazy?" She asks.

"Jury's out," I grin back. Are you serious? I ask my godfather.

Of course, he replies. And soon, you are going to see what happens...

                       ~*~*~*~*~

After grabbing lunch, Em and I quickly take a seat, one suitable for me to watch the unfolding drama.

Em starts to tell me about her day, but I find myself unable to concentrate on her words, or the cheese pizza and blueberry pastry in front me. My gaze keeps on slipping towards the 'popular' table- the one where Allen, Chris, Madison, Ashley, James and Becca were sitting.

It's about to happen, Loki says from behind me. 3, 2, 1, and lights...camera... and action!

Sure enough, Becca bites into her pastry at that very moment. Her face puckers up immediately.

"What the heck?" She yells. "It tastes like freaking soap!"

"No, it doesn't," Chris says calmly, even as he catches Em's gaze and winks.

"Totally agree," Allen says. "It tastes lovely."

Beside me, Em bursts out laughing. It doesn't take me long to do the same. Even Loki's laughing.

And then, disaster strikes. Becca catches my eye.

It's not a disaster, sweetheart. It's gonna be the best part.

Right. Anyways, she marches up to me angrily.

"You!" She says venomously. "It's all your fault!"

"Eh?" I say innocently. "What do you mean, Becca?"

Behind me, Loki bursts out laughing for some godforsaken reason.

Loki, dammit, I'm having trouble keeping a straight face!

"You...you," Becca splutters. "You somehow did it, right? That pen, then that bird, and that day...those eggs, the pastry.....its all you, right? You're jinxing me, aren't you?"

"What are you saying, Becca?" I maintain my innocent facade. "That's only possible if a God were helping me!"

"M-maybe one is...." Her face goes white as a sheet, prompting Loki to laugh even harder.

"C'mon, Becca, where am I gonna get a God from? Getting one as my godfather?!"

And Loki can hardly control himself now. He's holding the table by one hand and his stomach with another.

Wow, dear, you're a natural!

But something snaps inside Becca. She's about to hit me, but...

Something stops her. Or rather, someone stops her.

"What are you doing, Becca?" Allen asks through gritted teeth. Seeing the normally calm boy that angry scares me, even though I'm not at the receiving end. Meanwhile, the cafeteria buzzes, with people murmuring about the unfolding drama.

"Let go, Allen!" Becca yells. "I've had enough of her!"

"Becca. Stop while you still can." His voice is still low, even if its quivering with anger.

"No, Allen, that bitc-"

Slap! The sharp sound echoes across the now silent cafeteria. My eyes widen, taking in the surprising scene in front of me. Of all the things I've ever imagined (trust me, there's a LOT), this never made the list.

"I've had enough of you, Becca! All the time, you try to push the blame of your own insecurities and failures on someone else. You misbehave and bully people, but this? You tried to hit someone!" He runs a hand through his hair, trying to calm himself. "Please, can you just leave before I say or do something even worse?"

Her eyes fill up with tears. To be honest, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for her.

"Are you...are you breaking up...with me?"

"I guess I am," he says. "I'm sorry, Becca, but I simply can't deal with your attitude. We can't go on like this. Now, can you please leave?"

The bell rings, as if on cue. Becca shuffles back miserably as ths cafeteria empties.

Allen turns to Em and me. "I'm sorry about creating a scene, guys, but I just couldn't stand her anymore. I hope I didn't create any trouble for you, especially Rina..."

"It's okay," I tell him. "You did me more good than harm. And I appreciate the sentiment, Allen."

He blushes slightly, and Chris chuckles (I hadn't noticed him join us), before Em bursts our bubble.

"C'mon, we're gonna be late for class!"