A Friend and A God

Not even a minute later, I hear a knock on the door

Not even a minute later, I hear a knock on the door. Doesn't take much guesswork to know who it is.

I fix my face as much as possible and open the door. The concerned face of my best friend peeks out from behind it.

"Oh Rina," Em whispers, and hugs me. I start crying again in her comforting embrace. She sits on the bed with me, letting me cry, as she continues to hold me silently.

After five minutes, I'm finally done. I wipe my face and try to comfort myself.

"Would you like a moment alone?" Em asks gently. I  nod slowly. She knows me well.

As she leaves the room, I hear a familiar voice in my head.

Would you like me to leave as well? I look up to see Loki standing in front.

No.

He sits down on the bed beside me, without saying a word. I shift closer to him, and he drapes his arm around my shoulder.

I'm sorry for....

Don't be. I understand.

Thank you for not...you know...

I'd never do anything to get you in trouble, sweetheart. I want to see you happy. But, he seethes. That Becca girl is making it very difficult for me.

Well, this is what I meant by worse. And I screwed things up so badly with Allen.... oh god, Loki, I hate myself!

Don't, my dear. Don't do that. You didn't screw anything up.

I did.

Well, even if you did, you can't forget that you have a God by your side. The  God of Mischief, to be precise.

I look up at him. How are you gonna fix up this goddamned mess?

He chuckles. Well, I'd like to start with this Becca problem. I thought of killing her...

Loki, NO!

Relax, dear. I only thought of it. Realised pretty soon that it's a bad idea. But this is where the mischief comes in.

So you're basically gonna annoy her to death? I raise an eyebrow.

Maybe. I'm going to make it a nice surprise. And yes, don't worry about Allen. I'll do something if it comes to that, but personally I don't think I'd need to.

What do you mean?

You'll see soon. For now, you need some time time with your friend. You know what? I really like her. She genuinely cares for you.

I know. She might be annoying, but she's actually the best friend I could ever ask for. I'm lucky to have this friend...and this God.

He smiles. I know. Now call her in.

I nod, and open the door. Em comes in with her usual smile.

"Feeling better?" I smile in reply. "Good. Now, this is an excellent opportunity to ditch studies. Tomorrow's a Saturday, so what do you say about having a Marvel day? We can play Champions and Future Fight till the evening, and then have a movie marathon. You in?"

"Always!"