I Used To Know Him, I Don't Know Him Anymore.💛

I got into the car with Bill Randa and Houston Brooks and headed to a guy who could help us with tracking. Bill was excited, Houston was a little nervous and I didn't really care. I just wanted to get this meeting over with so I can have some excitement on a unexplored island. 

Once we entered the club where we would meet the guy that I have no information about, I walked ahead of the men and looked around the club. I was mostly their bodyguard so I looked around for trouble before I let them go ahead of me. 

"Ok, so, uh, how much should we tell him?" Houston asked 

"Just enough for him to say yes." Bill said. 

Dancers in cages, music playing loudly, pool table balls hitting each other, and rooms for smoking and other things started to make me bored since I never really liked clubs. Bill stopped in front of the pool table and I stood next to him and looked to see who was playing. 

Once I saw the man's face, my hands turned into fists but I stayed calm. James Conrad. My worst enemy. We were partners until something happened to both of us.

I wasn't surprised that he was playing pool. It was one of his talents. A flashback came to my mind and I wanted it to go out. Playing pool with him was fun but then it started to get a little too much which ended with us making out on the pool table. 

He left his stubble to grow out a little and his hair seemed a little shaggy than usual. His eyes seemed darker in the lights.

Once he got the eight ball into the pocket, he grabbed the money that was on the table and another man grabbed his hand then started babbling in a different language. James glared at him and I could hear a man from behind him opening a pocket knife. I didn't do anything. I just stood there wanting to see what would happen.

James hit the man with the pool stick on the temple and the man with the pocket knife charged at James but he was too late to do anything. He hit him with one end of the stick and he hit another guy with the other end. I taught him that trick and I wasn't surprised. The stick broke into three parts and one man grabbed a ball and aimed it at James but missed which crashed through a window. He grabbed another and James hit the ball with one part of the stick which ricocheted to the man's face.

Houston blew out air from his mouth and Bill was shocked. He turned to me and Houston and said, "Now there's a man worth talking to."

"Are you saying he's the guy we're looking for?" I asked, hoping he was joking.

"Yup. Let's go, Houston. Y/N, get us a table." He said walking over to James and I stayed behind, then went to save a table for three since I like standing.

I sat on the table that the boys were going to use and waited until they came with James following.

"Conrad," I said as I got off the table and let the boys sit down.

"L/N." He said back glaring at me then sat down.

"Do you two know each other?" Bill asked and I huffed.

"I used to know him, I don't know him anymore," I said and James rolled his eyes which made me squint my eyes at him.

"Don't you want to sit down, Y/N?" Houston asked.

"I like standing, but thanks for asking. Besides I'm just your bodyguard and I already know all the details." I said then I walk over to get them drinks.

James POV:

I knew I saw Y/N enter the room but I thought I was seeing things. But here she is, still has those piercing dark eyes that I used to adore. She stood near the table but didn't pay attention to anything until she heard her name.

"Y/N will help us with the discovery. She's also going to protect us from what ever danger might happen."

She looked at me and I glared at her while squinting my eyes at her (like the gif above). She huffed then looked away from me. 

I didn't want her to tag along on this dangerous mission. I didn't want her to get killed. That's why I left her a long time ago. She thinks I left her so I could work alone but that wasn't it. After she was captured and I saved her, I didn't want her to be captured again or even worse.

Killed.

That wasn't the only thing I did wrong. Once she was packing to leave the apartment, she saw me with another girl, making out, and she got angry. The girl made me drunk and seduced me so Y/N would see that I was cheating, but I wasn't. 

She seemed like she's angry at me but I wish she knew why. I wanted to explain why but if I did, she would say that she can take care of herself and that I was lying. I didn't mean to make her angry or heartbroken.

Once I agreed to help and the meeting was over, I grabbed Y/N's forearm then pulled her to a different room.

"Let go of me, Conrad! Look, I get it! You're mad that I'm helping out but I didn't think you were going as well. Please just leave me be." She said angrily then I grabbed her by the shoulders and made her look at me.

"That's not what I brought you here for," I said and she looked confused but still angry.

"I just wanted to say that I left you because I didn't want to get you captured or even killed and that I didn't break up with you so I could hook up with another girl. She made me drunk and seduced me. Now, I know what you're going to say, but you can't take care of yourself and no I'm not a lier. Not after what happened the last time. I-" I stopped talking. I don't know how to explain how I feel.

"You what?" She asked and I gulped.

"I love you too much for you to leave me, again."

Your POV (again):

"I love you too much for you to leave me, again."

Everything seemed blurred and slow. 

His words were echoing in my head when he removed his big and strong hands off my shoulders.

My heart felt like it exploded and my breath was heavy.

I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes and I started shaking slightly.

I could see in his crystal baby blues, that he was telling the truth. He would say a lie but I can always see the truth in his eyes. I guess I didn't look into his eyes hard enough or I didn't look at all when he told me that he was drunk and wasn't cheating. I guess I really went too far without checking for the truth.

He turned around and I could hear my voice in my head what I wanted to say but wouldn't come out.

James.

Stop.

Please don't leave me.

Not again.

I'm nothing without you

I'm the reason we are apart.

It's all my fault...

And I'm sorry.

Without thinking, I stopped him by grabbing his forearm and pulled him back into the room. In a flash, I wrapped my weak arms around him, gripping his shirt, and started crying.

"I'm sorry, James! Please don't leave me again! I believe you and I forgive you! Just... please... don't leave me." I cried then he wrapped his strong arms around me and rubbed my back softly.

"I'm here and I'm not going to leave you ever again. I swear it." 

He lifted my head up and leaned closer to me then placed his thin lips onto mine. I kissed him back and, God, have I missed his lips.