Whis x Reader | My Only Way Out

this isn't like fluffy or anything it's more so angsty but not angsty? just enjoy LOL

---------------------

The stars were beautiful tonight. They glistened and flickered. There were no lights on, just the light that was emitted from all the tiny and countless stars. They had no worries, for they just stay floating in space. Stars only had to shine as bright as they could and provide warmth to the creatures of all the different planets. That's all they needed to do. I wanted to be like a star; beautiful with no worries. But instead, I have to stress. Stress about every little thing. It was scary; it hurt. Everything hurt me.

Some would say I have a nice life. Working for the god of destruction practically gives me immunity against the wrath of the purple cat. Sometimes he'd be training those two Saiyan boys. It's like fighting was the only thing they lived for. Lord Beerus lived for destruction. Whis lived for... Lord Beerus. But what about me? Why was I here? I don't have a solid purpose, like the Saiyans. Like Whis. Like the stars.

I feel as if I'm trapped in a dark place, blindfolded and guided by someone I don't know. I have no way out of their grip and no way out of the dark place. I didn't have a star to guide me with its light.

"Ms. (Y/N)? It's dark. Why aren't you sleeping?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

"Just thinking. Don't you have to be with the lord and the two Saiyans? Aren't they starving?" I say, still looking at the stars.

"Why, I've already finished their meal. It should keep them occupied for a while." I heard him take a few steps. From the corner of my eyes, I could see a slender, blue hand reach out for me.

"Come. It's dark and cold. I'll take you back to the living room." His voice was silky sooth and calming. I sighed and looked down, grabbing his hand and pulling myself up. It was soft, smooth. I must admit, Whis is... cute, but he's indifferent. His only purpose in life is to serve Lord Beerus. He doesn't care. He doesn't care about anything. He doesn't care about me.

And just like that, we arrived at the tree castle. Whis lead me inside to the living room. It was next to the dining room, and so we heard the obnoxious chewing of the Saiyans and Lord Beerus. I plopped myself onto the plump, purple couch. My head went down as I closed my eyes.

"Whis?" I whispered, still closing my eyes.

"What is it, Ms. (Y/N)?" He asked with his fake smile that he always puts on.

"...can- can you grab me a (fav. hot drink)? I'm thirsty... a-and cold." My hands clenched the pillows of the couch as I started to shiver.

He gave out a light laugh whilst I heard him grab his staff. "Tsk tsk, Ms. (Y/N). That is what you get for staying out in the cold for so long." I felt a blanket wrap around me. On the table in front of me, a cup of (fav. hot drink) was placed. I grabbed it and took a sip. The warmth of the liquid felt nice on my lips.

As I was drinking my (fav. hot drink), I felt the couch sink on my right side. I take a glance at my right, to see Whis sitting next to me. He smiled briefly. I wanted to like him. I really did. But all he is, is a servant. He had no intention in pursuing a relationship.

"What were you thinking about back there on the field, Ms (Y/N)?" He asked, smiling at me.

I didn't want to answer. But I really needed to talk to someone. But it's such a silly topic. Why would he take me seriously?

I sighed.

"I... feel like I have no purpose." I said quietly. My grip on my beverage tightened.

And there it was. Laughter. High pitched, laughter. Tears threatened to show themselves on the corner of my eyes. But I kept them in.

"Well, I didn't create you so I don't know your purpose either. Maybe you really don't have one." He laughed. He said this in a playful tone. I know he was joking. I know he didn't mean it. But I just felt... hopeless. 

I looked up at him, tears streaking down my face furiously now. "You're so fucking dumb, Whis." I told him angrily. I felt pain. That pain again. It came back. I felt my heart clench. I heard his laughing drown away.

"Miss (Y/N)...? Did I say something wrong?" I started to sob. "Of course you fucking did, you moron! I feel hopeless! Lost! I wanted to talk, but then you just start laughing that fucking girly ass laugh! I know what I'm crying over is a stupid thing to be worrying about, but I just-" I couldn't form any more sentences. I ran out of the castle, as far away as I could, dropping the blanket onto the couch. I ran, and ran, and ran. It was cold. So cold. But I didn't care.

I came upon a lake. It reflected the light of the stars from above. It glistened. It was beautiful. The lake looked like a portal to another dimension, like an escape. Like a way out of this life; to the next one.

I reached into the lake. It was freezing. Soon, my whole hand was submerged. Then my arm. Then my whole body was inside the portal. I looked up to the stars. Maybe this, maybe this will be my way out to the stars.

I took in the sight, before closing my eyes and letting out one last breath.

...

Until I was pulled out of the water.

"L-Let go of me! Please!" I screamed. The win blew across my wet body, making it even colder than it was before. I started sobbing hysterically. "...let... me go... please..." I mustered.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I should've supported you in that moment. I'm truly sorry. Please, forgive me, Miss (Y/N)." That same old soft voice said. He wrapped his arms around me, but I was still cold. So cold.

"I may not know why you're here, but there must be a reason for your being. Everything has a purpose. I'm sorry for bringing you down earlier. I must keep my jokes at a minimum. I'm very sorry."

I said nothing. Nothing was going to cheer me up.

"...I may have a purpose; a purpose to serve Lord Beerus, but I wished for more. I feel things that an angel should never feel. Hope. Sadness. ...Love." He whispered the last word.

I looked up at him, surprised at what he said.

"I've had certain... feelings for you, Ms. (Y/N). It's an odd feeling I've never experienced before with my past gods of destruction. I was hoping... you'd return the feelings..?" He said quietly. I tensed up at those words. Slowly, I saw a light forming. My blindfold was coming undone. The grasp on my hand was loosening. A light was starting to guide me to a way out. A way out of my dark place.

"Whis... I..."I started to cry. I buried my face into his shoulders.

"I feel like... I have a way out now." I whispered.

I felt his soft lips touch upon my forehead, as we embraced under the beautiful starlight.

-----------------------------------------------

i still feel like this is cliche or somethin LMAO

i'm rusty at writing can you tell

ok bye love you guys