Chapter 2

The rain dripped into the third pot I've placed under the leaky roof of the apartment. Fixes don't come cheap here, I've learned that with the leaky faucet. My two infants slept peacefully in their cribs as I tried to do what I could around the house until I had to go into work. Never in my life have I had to work so hard to make a living. I've always been cared for, and looked after, and being alone is something I have yet to get accustomed to.

   A frown was ever present on my face as I fastened my bubblegum pink apron around my waist. I had planned to maybe apply a bit of makeup, but by the look of the time I don't even know if I'll be on time today. I don't even dare to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I had to rush and get out of here before I faced the wrath of Carlotta. As I was leaving I observed the line of people waiting outside the apartment across from me. People are always coming and going from there. Apparently the man that lives there runs a bootleg recording studio out of his tiny apartment. I definitely see more women than men comin and going. Some nights I listen to the music coming from the apartment and allow myself to dream of a life far better than the one I currently live.

For a minute I stood in the doorway observing the activity taking place as the person in charge gave direction. A quartet of women began singing loudly into a strange device. They sounded quite good, and I would've listened longer if someone hadn't noticed me looking and slammed the door shut. I sighed and decided to get a start to my day.
————————
All day I thought about the makeshift recording studio. Singing had always been my true passion. If I could just audition for them maybe they'd take a chance on me. Then again who am I kidding? Who wants to hire a girl with responsibilities? How can I not try though? This could change our lives! There's not much honest work out there for a single mom of two. I've experienced this first hand. I just have the strangest feeling that I need to at least give it a try. I sat on the couch and took my shoes off my aching feet, sighing in relief. Just then Mr.Him came running up to me excitedly causing me to smile. Concealing him from the owner has been a difficult task, but I could never give up my precious doggie.

Time flys so fast. In all these months I've taken care of business on my own and sacrificed a lot. I just wish someone would sacrifice for me. My greatest fears were revealed when I was left alone to fend of myself in the 1940's and not one day goes by that I don't cry out of fear for my future. I've always craved some kind of normality, but it seems impossible to achieve especially now. A dark cloud seems to float above me constantly reminding me he's out there somewhere, seething with anger.
———————-
My blonde hair was in ringlets and my lips were painted red. Today is an important day, today is the day I chase my dreams. I dressed myself up and attempted to look like an image of perfection.

If I could just convince them to give me a shot I know I can win them over

If I could just convince them to give me a shot I know I can win them over. I just have to try. I can do this. In my search for a necklace to wear I stumbled across some old mementos from my life with Tom. I picked up the bracelet he had given me and for a moment I wanted to touch the center and feel his heart beat. I clutched it in my hands avoiding the center and squeezed my eyes shut trying to think of how happy I was when he gave it to me. I again looked down at the bracelet and shook my head tossing it back into the box. "Things have changed," I said out loud, before making my way to the door to try my hand in my desired fate.

——————————Okay okay I'm late as hell but man has my time away been hectic

——————————
Okay okay I'm late as hell but man has my time away been hectic. Expect more updates guys let's do this.