"I had work baby but I'm here now" He kissed my forehead "Are you all okay? Did anything happened -"

"No, no we're all fine " I held his hands in mine and they seem to fit perfectly.

Suddenly we're not alone, his mother, Maribelle, and Nona are all here to greet him so I went a little far allowing them to be next to him.

They all hugged him because we all missed him, it's been two days since he didn't come home and we were worried about him and no one knew anything.

"Enough already mom you're choking him " Maribelle joked and got a glare from Mr. Elfonso who finally let go of her son.

"Where is my father ? " he's up in the study room 

"I need to talk to him and then we will sit down, I think you all have questions that you need to answer for " he kissed me on the cheek that didn't go unnoticed by Mr. Elfonso, and he went to his father.

Christan's POV 

Father was sitting alone in his study room he was calm but I knew that he was eager to know what is going on as well.

"Father " he looked at me and nod while the corner of his mouth turned slightly into a smile, that you can't see unless you look carefully.

"You're back, thank god " he whispered to himself, he thinks that I can't hear him but I can, and it actually warms my heart to know that he does care about me.

"Things didn't go exactly as I planned" he looked at me with questioning eyes. " La Patrona didn't show up she sent someone, he's considered as  her  right arm I think he's second in command."

"I think you knew that she wouldn't come" 

"Yes but I was kind of hoping, giving we don't know for sure how she is, so her action is unpredictable " 

"What happened? "  

"He came to ask why wasn't the transfer done, and I simply told him that they will be no more transfers from now on "

"And ? "  he was looking at me instantly

"He said 'you know  what this means, right ' I didn't answer him  and before he leaves the room I told him that I wanted to speak with his boss "

"You did what ? " he looked beyond angry" this is not some fucking game you play, these people are not to mess with, it's already eating me inside that I'm letting you do this, and I don't know what will happen"

"Relax father, I'm not twelve, I know what I'm doing" he didn't say anything so I left the room and went to my room because I was in desperate need of a shower.

Ilayda's POV :

we heard screaming coming from upstairs then it was complete silence, none of us dared to speak or ask what was going on. Nona and I were sitting at the table when Christan came and sat down, I gave him a small smile, a moment later his father showed up too and soon the whole family was sitting at the table. 

I was about to leave when a voice stopped me 

" Ilayda sits down " I turn to look at Christan, " Nona you too "I turn to look at Nona to find her as surprised as  I am.

" you both are a part of this family, and if we're going to talk about what is going on you both deserve to know " 

" This is absurd- " Mr. Elfonso started talking but soon was interrupted by her husband 

" Lisa, not know " he glared at her, she huffed but fortunately, didn't say anything.

" As Christan was saying, you have the right to know what is going on " he cleared his voice and continued " let's start by saying that I made a huge mistake in the past and made a deal with the wrong people and that caused a lot of lost " he strangely looked at me and I gave him a small smile because he seemed sad and he returned it. ' But know we are going to correct those mistakes, it might take time, and those people are dangerous that is why Christan didn't let you get out of the house on your own.

" so what now, " Maribelle asked.

" Now it's the time to be the strong and smart sister, it time to fight, Father here gave you the short version " he looked angry at his father " but if there is one thing you need to know, those people have no mercy and they might try to hurt you"

their words took me back into that night, the night that changed my life, and for some reason, everything seemed oddly similar.